FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Aura (Model: DSLP3200)

Post Date: 2019-08-22

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
john82001 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote john82001 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Aura (Model: DSLP3200)
    Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 6:39pm
Hello, I have browsed the forums a bit and saw some negative posts about the Aura build.
I received one as a gift and so far I like it. I live in a small apartment with limited space do a tower would have been in the way and have a big screen is really nice. It is better than a laptop in my opinion. My one question is how do I gain access to the component section in the back. I wanted to look it over in case in the future I want to upgrade the hard drive and I was also wondering how many hard drive slots it has and is the video card discrete or can it be upgraded. This is something I am looking at for in the future not now.
I am sorry if these questions have been asked and that they are kind of noobish. I have never seen a computer such as this.
John
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 12:04pm
Welcome to the forum john82001!

Sorry you haven’t yet had a response, but your best bet is to ask DS Support about that.    Not going to be much room in there for add on’s I’m afraid.   Think of hybrid Aura as a laptop mobo squeezed in behind a monitor.   You should have received a DS owners binder with information about the system that would have shipped with the rig.   
john82001 View Drop Down

Quote john82001 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 6:02pm
Thank you for the reply. It did come with a binder with some information but it was just general computer information and only about connecting a monitor, keyboard and mouse to a tower computer not the Aura. I will send a message to support.
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Aug 2019 at 5:30am
Go HERE for some clues:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4NM-UAL1po (Copy, paste and go)

The GPU is definitely a discreet card. Watching this, though, I would be daunted by messing around in there for fear I could not make any replacement part fit properly. DS does normally offer FREE labor with any replacement/upgrade parts you buy from them, but you have to send them your Aura. They may not offer that service on this model, but obviously, if they do, the parts they can replace with must be able to fit. Then, there is the power supply issue the YouTuber points out.

The first page of your binder is the Certificate of Ownership, and the overleaf (page backed up to that) should be the configuration of the system with every part that went in there. If it's not there, I imagine the person who gave you the system at least has some order info (config#, order#) you can give to DS.

Hope it helps.

Also found this:

https://www.digitalstorm.com/forums/new-digital-storm-aura-34-quot-curved-aio-tidf27996/

Edited by Cretae - 24 Aug 2019 at 5:35am
john82001 View Drop Down

Quote john82001 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Aug 2019 at 7:03pm
So I watched the video and got the back off. Couple things I noticed about mine is that it is organized a bit diffently than the video. Not a whole lot of difference but some. I see two M.2 slots both empty and a m.2 Wifi spot empty also. I have a USB Wifi. I do not see a hard drive visible. But I do know I have one lol. Plus one thing I noticed is the Power supply is 600Watts which to me is not bad. Not as high end as other computers but not bad.

... fixed broken format ...

Edited by Snaike - 24 Aug 2019 at 11:32pm
john82001 View Drop Down

Quote john82001 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 8:06pm
I found a 2.5 SSD on the right side under curved panel so that is good. I decided to order a M.2 Wifi card which will be here tomorrow. So all seems good.
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 4:50am
 Post Reply Post Reply