FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Aventum X changes?

Post Date: 2019-11-06

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jayboy View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jayboy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Aventum X changes?
    Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 2:55pm
Hi,
I am looking at ordering a new Aventum X, I have put together this build and am looking for any feedback. Good or bad!

Budget:10K

Expectations: Gaming and graphic design

Usage: Daily 3-4 hours

Special Needs: Run dual 4k monitors

Saved Ticket #:2698570

Specifications:
Chassis Model: Aventum X
Exterior Finish: Exotic Paint Finish - Pure White <br><strong></strong>
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: Intel Core i9-9980XE Extreme Edition (18-Core) 3.00 GHz
Motherboard: MSI X299 GAMING PRO CARBON (Intel X299 Chipset) (Up to 3x PCI-E Devices)
System Memory: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro (RGB Light Bar) <br><strong></strong>
Power Supply: 1200W Corsair HX1200i (Digitally Controlled Power) <br><strong></strong>
Expansion Bay: - No Thanks
Optical Drive: - No Thanks
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (1TB Samsung 970 EVO PLUS) (NVM Express) <br><strong></strong>
Storage Set 2: 1x SSD M.2 (1TB Samsung 970 EVO PLUS) (NVM Express) <br><strong></strong>
Storage Set 3: 1x Storage (6TB Seagate / Toshiba) <br><strong></strong>
RAID Config: - No Thanks
RAID Card: - No Thanks
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB (VR Ready) <br><strong></strong>
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
HPC Processor: - No Thanks
Extreme Cooling: H20: HydroLux PRO: Exotic Custom Cooling System (1x Graphics Card + CPU) <br><strong></strong>
HydroLux Tubing Style: Flexible Tubing (Requires HydroLux Liquid Cooling System)
HydroLux Fluid Color: Clear Fluid + Clear Tubing (Requires HydroLux Liquid Cooling System) <br><strong></strong>
Cable Management: Exotic Cable Management - White - (Cable Combs with Custom Color Sleeved Extension Cables) <br><strong></strong>
Chassis Fans: Corsair ML PRO Series (14 Fans Total) (High Static Pressure) (Magnetic Levitation) <br><strong></strong>
Internal Lighting: Remote Controlled Advanced LED Lighting System (Multiple RGB Color Modes) <br><strong></strong>
Airflow Control: Corsair Commander PRO Management Control Board & Software (3x Boards) <br><strong></strong>
Chassis Mods: - No Thanks
Noise Reduction: - No Thanks
LaserMark: - No Thanks
Boost Processor: Stage 2: Overclock CPU - Up to 4.8GHz via Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 <br><strong></strong>
Boost Graphics Card(s): Yes, Overclock the video card(s) as much as possible with complete stability <br><strong></strong>
Boost OS: - No Thanks, Please do not tweak the services on the operating system
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 5:36pm
Quite the monster rig jayboy!

Cool white painted white cabled Aventum X, which is simply the best water cool everything case on the planet!   I like your component choices...who wouldn't like to use the I9-9980XE OC 18 core/36 thread and water cooled...and using solid Corsair Vengeance RAM, my all time fav Corsair AX1200i Digital modular Platinum efficiency PSU, and two Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVME SSD...Top it off with a water cooled RTX 2080 Ti makes this rig well capable of your work and gaming desires.   I do think you might consider upping your DS Parts warranty to the max 3 yrs when buying a rig full of high end components like this one...just seems like a good idea to protect your investment a bit longer than 1 yr. Don't forget you will get the DS Sale $500 off when you purchase!

Only thing I see that looks very wrong to me is your midrange MSI motherboard choice.   Just not the right board to put with the highest end Intel I9-9980XE CPU and RTX 2080 Ti GPU ...all overclocked max.   You want the best Overclocks along with a mobo VRM section that delivers best smooth stability on your Overclock as well.   

You are talking serious power throughput & voltage control, and I definitely suggest using the Asus X299 ROG Rampage VI Extreme Omega motherboard with it's stronger VRM Overclocking emphasis that I think would be the most appropriate choice for your awesome Aventum X build.   Nice extra features & benefits like allowing 4 x M.2 NVME SSD drives with excellent heatsinks make this mobo the one you should go with in the Aventum X.   It's an excellent board and CPU matchup worthy of this top end build..
and if you ever wanted to consider adding a VRM waterblock this is the right case and board to do that with. Killer chiller!

Here's a specific review I also located...overclocked no less....lol.

https://www.overclockers.com/asus-rampage-vi-extreme-omega-motherboard-review-taming-the-i9-9980xe

See what you think...

Edited by HockeyBuck - 06 Nov 2019 at 5:50pm
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 10:59pm
WOW. Strong And white!!!
HockeyBuck has you covered.

Agree with extending the warranty, one year parts goes fast. In addition I would remove the gpu oc but add a companion RTX 2080Ti and go sli. 

Enjoy. Big%20Smile
Jayboy View Drop Down

Quote Jayboy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 9:07am
Thanks for the feedback. I will get those changes made and get the order placed.
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 10:32am
Hose is an Aventum owner himself and I believe he uses 2 x 2080 Ti as well, so his GPU advice here is spot on.    This dream white build should be capable of amazing performance.    Prepare an appropriate landing strip for this beast...lol.
Hope we might see some photos posted here when it arrives!

Post Reply Post Reply