No budget

Expectations:
Single/double monitor gaming setup

Usage:
Gaming/Possibly streaming in the future

Special Needs:
High overclocks and my room can get dusty at times

Side Note:
I have selected no graphics card as i cannot choose the specific type i want. I am aware of special orders however that cannot be done with international shipping to the UK. I am also contemplating between a 9900k or a 9980XE. Which would you reccommend.

Saved Ticket #: 2379772

Specifications:
Chassis Model: Aventum X
Exterior Finish: Black Metallic Matte Finish
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: Intel Core i9-9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) (16-Thread) (8-Core) 3.6 GHz
Motherboard: MSI MEG Z390 GODLIKE (Wi-Fi) (Intel Z390 Chipset) (Up to 4x PCI-E Devices) <br><strong></strong>
System Memory: 64GB DDR4 3200MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum DHX (Extreme-Performance) <br><strong></strong>
Power Supply: 1600 Watts Corsair AX1600i (Digitally Controlled Power) <br><strong></strong>
Expansion Bay: - No Thanks
Optical Drive: - No Thanks
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (1TB Samsung 970 PRO) (NVM Express) (Extreme Performance) <br><strong></strong>
Storage Set 2: 1x Storage (6TB Seagate / Toshiba) <br><strong></strong>
Storage Set 3: - No Thanks
RAID Config: - No Thanks
RAID Card: - No Thanks
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Graphics Card(s): 1x - No Thanks <br><strong></strong>
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
HPC Processor: - No Thanks
Extreme Cooling: H20: HydroLux PRO: Exotic Custom Cooling System (CPU Only)
HydroLux Tubing Style: Copper Tubing (Requires HydroLux PRO Custom Liquid Cooling System) <br><strong></strong>
HydroLux Fluid Color: Blue Fluid + Clear Tubing (Requires HydroLux Liquid Cooling System) <br><strong></strong>
Cable Management: Exotic Cable Management - White - (Cable Combs with Custom Color Sleeved Extension Cables) <br><strong></strong>
Chassis Fans: Corsair ML PRO Series (14 Fans Total) (High Static Pressure) (Magnetic Levitation) <br><strong></strong>
Internal Lighting: Remote Controlled LED Lighting System <br><strong></strong>
Airflow Control: Corsair Commander PRO Management Control Board & Software (3x Boards) <br><strong></strong>
Chassis Mods: - No Thanks
Noise Reduction: - No Thanks
LaserMark: - No Thanks
Boost Processor: Stage 2: Overclock CPU - Up to 5.1GHz on All CPU Cores <br><strong></strong>
Boost Graphics Card(s): - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s)
Boost OS: Yes, Disable and tweak all of the non-crucial services on the operating system <br><strong></strong>
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: USB Drive - Windows 10 Installation (Format and Clean Install)
Virus Protection: Windows Defender Antivirus (Built-in to Windows 10)
Office: - No Thanks
Game: - No Thanks
Display: - No Thanks
Surge Shield: - No Thanks
Speakers: Corsair VOID PRO RGB (Wireless) Headset + Corsair ST100 RGB Stand <br><strong></strong>
Keyboard: - No Thanks
Mouse: - No Thanks
Branded Gear: - No Thanks
Priority Build: - No Thanks, Ship Within 20-25 Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: Life-time Expert Care with 4 Year Limited Warranty (4 Year Labor & 2 Year Part Replacement) <br><strong></strong>
thedemoncowboy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote thedemoncowboy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 May 2019 at 11:46am
Personally the 64 GB for gaming is overkill, the ASUS Hero is a better MOBO,
Laser11222 View Drop Down

Quote Laser11222 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 May 2019 at 12:03pm
Thank you for letting me know i will change that. In terms of graphics card. I am looking at either the EVGA Kingpin 2080 ti or the Asus ROG Matrix 2080 ti. Does anyone know whether the attached aio to the Kingpin will fit in the case and where i can alocate it. Also for gaming should i stick with the 9900k or change it to a 9980XE. Any advice is appreciated
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 May 2019 at 1:52pm
Welcome to the DS forum!

Quite an Aventum build here!   If you have read the posts on the forum, then you probably already know that hardline tubing doesn’t always ship real well...and when we hear of coolant leaks it is usually hard line tubing due to bounces in shipping.    We usually suggest going with soft tubing as it handles movement the best, and system maintenance is much easier because the tubing flexes to allow you easy access.    In that big premium water cooling case, personally, I wouldn’t build an Aventum without max water cooling both the CPU and the GPU... as the upside down orientation of the motherboard puts CPU in the cooler lower case and the GPU in the warmer upper case.    That huge 14 fan case was designed to water cool the big radiators on board for multiple water cooled video cards and CPU ....while holding a lot of hard drives.   

Excellent MSI mobo, Excellent Corsair Dominator RAM although for gaming 16gb RAM is all you could ever use...32gb is overkill and 64gb goes well beyond that...lol.    Strong Samsung M.2NVME boot drive.   Your selection of the Excellent Corsair platinum efficiency 1600w PSU is also likely extreme overkill, but not knowing your planned GPU (s) power requirements is a variable that means I can’t be certain of your final power needs.    That said, a 1200w Corsair 1200AXi platinum efficiency PSU might also handle this Aventum X build just as well, even with 2x strong SLI GPU’s.   Overkill is not meant here as wrong if you can afford it my friend, but with eyes open ...you should be aware of what will benefit you in gaming and what will not.    

Your CPU question... The 9900X is regarded as the best consumer level CPU with 10 cores and 20 threads and overclocks pretty well.   The 9980XE is the current Enthusiast level top of line Intel CPU that with a whopping 18 cores and 36 threads, overclocks acceptably well, and costs 3 times as much as the 9900X.   Now for gaming and streaming, which is primarily a GPU centric sport....all those extra cores and threads don’t make all that much impact.    Scoring higher on benchmark test doesn’t automatically mean it games that much better.   If you were doing something that seriously benefitted from the extra cores and threads like video or photo editing /encoding, or cad / graphics editing you would love that XE with all those cores.    For gaming & streaming, the i7 9900X would do what you need and overclocks very well.   The 9980XE would also do that, but it sure doesn’t sound like your stated uses would be worth the huge extra cost....however, not many can afford to even consider that top line processor.    I have read that it overclocks a little more mildly than the 9900X, but 4.7 Stage 1 is a reasonable OC for the 9980XE, while you can go Stage 2 around 5 easily with the popular 9900X.    DS won’t take the OC higher than they feel is correct for the processor in their experience...no worries.    The question is....would the added performance of a 9980XE be worth the $1,200+ investment.    I would say invest that extra $$$$ on adding the cooling loops for the mystery GPU (s) you are planning on, and adding to the warranty part of your build instead and stick with the i9 - 9900X.

As you are overseas, not coming up with a GPU solution that DS can acquire and install for you is not ideal.    DS takes a lot of pride in the finished product, fully stress testing your system and tweaking it to solid stability before shipping it to you.    Kinda hard to do that properly without the GPU or GPU(s) of your choosing on board.    

Finally, Aventum is a huge rig so make sure you have a prominent spot planned to display this beast.   If your room is dusty, you will just have to set a regular maintenance schedule to keep at it, as 14 case fans can pull in a lot of dust.   Try to locate it up on a table rather than the floor and you’ll collect less dust.    It will be a beautiful and functional piece of high tech art!

*** Just saw you were planning on possibly using the EVGA Kingpin RTX 2080 Ti with the AIO 240mm cooler..... Just be aware that going with any top line RTX 2080 Ti solution and choosing instead the DS HydroLux Pro cooling to include CPU and your GPU will far and away out-cool that hot GPU over a factory AIO solution.   No question.    Aventum with CPU and GPU water cooled would lower your GPU temps considerably compared to that simple AIO 240mm.    If you ended up using the AIO, DS could probably figure out where to place the little radiator.    

Keep us posted on how this build goes for you...and we always enjoy seeing the final photos here! Cheers!

Edited by HockeyBuck - 07 May 2019 at 2:07pm
Groupie
Groupie

Quote thedemoncowboy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 May 2019 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by Laser11222

Thank you for letting me know i will change that. In terms of graphics card. I am looking at either the EVGA Kingpin 2080 ti or the Asus ROG Matrix 2080 ti. Does anyone know whether the attached aio to the Kingpin will fit in the case and where i can alocate it. Also for gaming should i stick with the 9900k or change it to a 9980XE. Any advice is appreciated

Unless you want to waste 70%-80% profit on dual SLI, then that’s your choice. If this is a gaming rig, you’ll get a headache from running SLI ... there are very few, FEW that love SLI
Groupie
Groupie

Quote thedemoncowboy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 May 2019 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by Laser11222

thus all just seems over the top for gaming. I’d youre doing video editing 4kc and maybe 3D rendering the. Yes
Groupie
Groupie

Quote thedemoncowboy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 May 2019 at 3:51pm
Also DS WILL NOT warranty repair anything they do not sell
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 May 2019 at 4:46am
To be clear, HockeyBuck refers to the 9900X when he means the 9900K. IDK if you even picked up on that, but.... IMO, the 9900K is THE choice for gaming. It's not just a matter of money, but performance. Whether overclocked or not, the 9900K will outperform as a gaming CPU.

Agree with HB's opinions on overkill. 32 GB of RAM is plenty for future-proofing, and the 1600W PSU is way more than needed. The 1200W Corsair he recommends is outstanding, with plenty of overhead still.

IDK how the ASUS Hero is a better motherboard than your pick. It's just not. Maybe it's because it costs 2x as much, but I'm not going to move you off the best mobo here.

Ordinarily, I'd be very much in favor of extending the warranty, but you should carefully consider what that might mean in terms of shipping back and forth should that ever be necessary.

IDK where SLI slipped into the conversation, but RTX cards do not use SLI. The new tech is called NVLink. As I understand it, rather than alternate between cards to enhance screen redraws, it provides for more actual sharing of resources of both cards at once. Very simplistic, maybe, but my take.

Hope it helps.
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 May 2019 at 7:20am
My opinion, for whatever its worth, SLI works. It is an Nvidia product. Crossfire has a lot of issues. It is an AMD product. Both technologies connect gpus together. Don't confuse one with the other.

The new RTX cards, like Cretae states, use NVlink. Different and with way more throughput.

I have been a constant user of sli and now NVlink. Have no idea what the issues are since I have not had them.

To the OP: I would order the system with soft tubing and the cheapest card you can get on the Hydro Pro loop so you have the plumbing for adding a fully liquid cooled card in the future. I don't know where DS would be able to install (or for that matter, anyone) the Hybrid's radiator when the Hydro Pro uses all the rad space.
Good luck.  Smile
Groupie
Groupie

Quote thedemoncowboy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 May 2019 at 10:36am
Originally posted by Cretae

To be clear, HockeyBuck refers to the 9900X when he means the 9900K. IDK if you even picked up on that, but.... IMO, the 9900K is THE choice for gaming. It's not just a matter of money, but performance. Whether overclocked or not, the 9900K will outperform as a gaming CPU.

Agree with HB's opinions on overkill. 32 GB of RAM is plenty for future-proofing, and the 1600W PSU is way more than needed. The 1200W Corsair he recommends is outstanding, with plenty of overhead still.

IDK how the ASUS Hero is a better motherboard than your pick. It's just not. Maybe it's because it costs 2x as much, but I'm not going to move you off the best mobo here.

Ordinarily, I'd be very much in favor of extending the warranty, but you should carefully consider what that might mean in terms of shipping back and forth should that ever be necessary.

IDK where SLI slipped into the conversation, but RTX cards do not use SLI. The new tech is called NVLink. As I understand it, rather than alternate between cards to enhance screen redraws, it provides for more actual sharing of resources of both cards at once. Very simplistic, maybe, but my take.

Hope it helps.

850 Platinum would be enough for this build even.
 Post Reply Post Reply