FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Aventum x hard drive trays

Post Date: 2020-11-02

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Filipontz View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Filipontz Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Aventum x hard drive trays
    Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 3:42am
What do I need to install a hdd in a tray ? And what sizes can the hdd be ?
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Nov 2020 at 4:58am
AFIK, hdds come in the 3.5 inch size, and SATA SSDs come in 2.5". If you are talking capacity, you can get anything you can afford. It's been such a long time for me, I don't recall if the mounting screws come with the drive, but I think they do. Then you just put the drive into the tray and screw it down. You will need a power cable and a SATA cable. You will find power cables for drives bundled with other cabling behind the motherboard, so you need to take off the other side of the case and maybe clip a zip tie to free one. Power plugs should be close to the hard drive cage. There may or may not be one or more SATA cables bundled as well. If not, you'll have to buy one. It goes from the port in the drive to one of several ports on the motherboard. If you have any other drives already, just look at the cabling, and it'll be clear. M.2 NVMe drives plug into a slot on the motherboard, and don't have any cabling at all.
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Nov 2020 at 12:58am
The drive bays are sized for 3.5" HDD and you can purchase adapters to install 2.5" SSDs in the same. Usually DS prewires the cages but you have to check by looking in the back to see if the wires go to the cages. Good luck and keep us posted.
Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply