FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

AVENTUM X LIGHTING ADVICE

Post Date: 2019-08-05

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Grasshopper3438 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Grasshopper3438 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: AVENTUM X LIGHTING ADVICE
    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 at 5:59pm
Hi,

I have the below system ready to buy, but I am unsure of what lighting is best for the Aventum X as it offers three types but doesn't give any real info of the differences between the three. Can anyone help with this. Is the default Digital Storm lighting perfect or should I get either of the others as they have remote control of the lighting.

Budget:

Usage:
FPS and RPG games on a 34 in monitor

Saved Ticket #: 2510777

Specifications:

Chassis Model: Aventum X
Exterior Finish: Exotic Paint Finish - Lust Red
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: Intel Core i9-9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) (16-Thread) (8-Core) 3.6 GHz
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix Z390-H Gaming (Intel Z390 Chipset) (Up to 3x PCI-E Devices)
System Memory: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz Digital Storm Performance Series
Power Supply: 1000W Digital Storm Performance Series (Fully Modular) (80 Plus Gold)
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (500GB Digital Storm M.2 Performance Series)
Storage Set 2: 1x Storage (2TB Seagate / Toshiba / Hitachi)
Storage Set 3: 1x Storage (3TB Seagate / Toshiba / Hitachi)
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB (VR Ready)
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
Extreme Cooling: H20: HydroLux PRO: Exotic Custom Cooling System (1x Graphics Card + CPU)
HydroLux Tubing Style: HardLine Tubing (Requires HydroLux PRO Custom Liquid Cooling System)
HydroLux Fluid Color: Red Fluid + Clear Tubing (Requires HydroLux Liquid Cooling System)
Cable Management: Exotic Cable Management - Red - (Cable Combs with Custom Color Sleeved Extension Cables)
Chassis Fans: Standard Factory Chassis Fans
Internal Lighting: Digital Storm LED Lighting System
Airflow Control: Digital Storm Thermal Management Control Board & Software
CPU Boost: Stage 1: Overclock CPU - Up to 4.7GHz on All CPU Cores
Graphics Boost: Yes, Overclock the video card(s) as much as possible with complete stability
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-Bit Edition)
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Aug 2019 at 9:19pm
Grasshopper I have some suggestions on your configuration.    

First, DS branded parts will only carry a warranty matching your DS system parts warranty...so standard 1 yr unless you extend that to 2 or 3 yrs.    You could improve on a couple stock components here by going with Corsair upgrades on your RAM and PSU.... They carry much longer Corsair MFG warranties.    Both Corsair Vengeance and Dominator Platinum RAM choices also have user controllable RGB lighting.    You would download the Corsair iCue software to set up your custom color combinations on all Corsair RGB equipped components..   

I think you should consider changing your Drive 1 selection.   The stock DS 500 GB M.2 SSD is a standard SATA III Drive ....change that to a Samsung Evo 500GB M.2 NVME SSD for 5 times faster performance that utilizes your motherboards PCIE bus rather than the slower SATA bus.

Aventum X is a unique chassis, and it has no less than 14 case fans and 3 radiators, so fans are pretty important in this rig and you might consider moving up to the better quality Corsair LL Series RGB or the top Corsair ML Series RGB case fan upgrade for better warranties and performance.    Same goes for the DS Thermal board...Use the Corsair Commander Pro board instead with the Corsair fan upgrades.

We generally remind folks that the hard line tubing is way cool looking, but you should know that it is not easy to work with for routine maintenance as it is not at all flexible.     When we hear of occasional leaks here on the forum, it is usually the hard line tubing not handling bumps very well during shipping.     Flexible tubing is always the most practical choice, and allows all quick disconnects to be used for easy cooling system adjustments.

Finally...you have in the DS Aventum X the best cooling case on the planet, so I would suggest you take full advantage and go to a Stage 2 Overclock on the excellent i9-9900K processor to get all of the performance Intel designed into that fine 8-core/16 thread CPU.   

Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 9:59am
Definitely change to an NVMe drive for Drive 1. But for whatever reason, the Samsung 512 GB 970 PRO is cheaper than the EVO right now. Get that one, it's better.

If you get the Corsair fans, it will let you change colors and control them via software anytime. Ditch the DS Thermal Management.
Grasshopper3438 View Drop Down

Quote Grasshopper3438 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 3:07pm
HockeyBuck and Cretae, thank you both so much for your help. Much appreciatted
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 4:11am
Our pleasure.
 Post Reply Post Reply