Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Superjak95 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Superjak95 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Aventum X
    Posted: 20 May 2019 at 12:01am
Budget:
No Budget

Expectations:
High end 4k gaming with maxed settings. Currently have a 32 inch Acer 4k monitor that runs at 60hz. Plan on upgrading to the 32 inch 4k 144hz monitors whenever they come out.

Usage:
8+ hours since I can't walk. Mostly gaming on newer games.

Special Needs:
Comparing the Aventum X to ******** Genesis. Can't decide which to go with. Purchasing from Canada. Like having lots of storage so I don't have to constantly delete/reinstall games. Hoping that the parts can handle 4k with max/near max settings and decent fps for the next 3-5 years. After that I'll upgrade some things like the graphics card, so i'm fine with the PC being overkill.

Saved Ticket #: 2394145

Specifications:
Aventum Specs
Chassis Model: Aventum X
Exterior Finish: Black Metallic Matte Finish
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: Intel Core i9-9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) (16-Thread) (8-Core) 3.6 GHz
Motherboard: MSI MEG Z390 GODLIKE (Wi-Fi) (Intel Z390 Chipset) (Up to 4x PCI-E Devices)
System Memory: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum DHX (Extreme-Performance)
Power Supply: 1600 Watts Corsair AX1600i (Digitally Controlled Power)
Expansion Bay: - No Thanks
Optical Drive: - No Thanks
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (1TB Samsung 970 PRO) (NVM Express) (Extreme Performance)
Storage Set 2: 1x SSD (2TB Samsung 860 EVO)
Storage Set 3: - No Thanks
RAID Config: - No Thanks
RAID Card: - No Thanks
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Graphics Card(s): 2x SLI NVLink Dual (GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB (VR Ready)
Sound Card: Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5
HPC Processor: - No Thanks
Extreme Cooling: H20: HydroLux PRO: Exotic Custom Cooling System (2x Graphics Cards + CPU)
HydroLux Tubing Style: HardLine Tubing (Requires HydroLux PRO Custom Liquid Cooling System)
HydroLux Fluid Color: Blue Fluid + Clear Tubing (Requires HydroLux Liquid Cooling System)
Cable Management: Exotic Cable Management - White - (Cable Combs with Custom Color Sleeved Extension Cables)
Chassis Fans: Corsair ML PRO Series (14 Fans Total) (High Static Pressure) (Magnetic Levitation)
Internal Lighting: Digital Storm LED Lighting System
Airflow Control: Corsair Commander PRO Management Control Board & Software (3x Boards)
Chassis Mods: - No Thanks
Noise Reduction: Noise Suppression Package Stage 1 (Optimized Airflow & Fan Speeds Only)
LaserMark: - No Thanks
CPU Boost: Stage 2: Overclock CPU - Up to 5.1GHz on All CPU Cores
Graphics Boost: Yes, Overclock the video card(s) as much as possible with complete stability
OS Boost: Yes, Disable and tweak all of the non-crucial services on the operating system
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: USB Drive - Windows 10 Installation (Format and Clean Install)
Virus Protection: Windows Defender Antivirus (Built-in to Windows 10)
Office: - No Thanks
Game: - No Thanks
Display: - No Thanks
Surge Shield: - No Thanks
Speakers: - No Thanks
Keyboard: - No Thanks
Mouse: - No Thanks
Branded Gear: - No Thanks
Priority Build: - No Thanks, Ship Within 20-25 Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: Life-time Expert Care with 5 Year Limited Warranty (5 Year Labor & 3 Year Part Replacement)

Genesis
SpecsCase : GENESIS Chassis
Side Panels : Tempered Glass-Tempered Glass
Exterior Color : ********* PC Red
Interior Color : ********* PC Black
Interior Lighting : ********* PC Black
Current Special Offer : Memorial Day Deals Start Now!
Variable Mounting : Inverted Orientation
Lower Unit : Cryogenic Cooling Support
Processors : Intel Core i9 9900K 8-Core 3.6GHz (5.0GHz TurboBoost)
CPU : CPU Overclocking
CPU : Thermal Compound
Motherboard : MSI Z390 GODLIKE
Memory : 32GB ********** PC Kingston DDR4 RGB 3200MHz (4 x 8GB)
System Cooling : Stage III Hard Line Liquid Cooling
Liquid Color : Liquid Color - Red
Case Fans : Corsair RGB Premium Fans
Graphics Cards : CRYOGENIC Cooled NVIDIA 11GB RTX 2080 Ti
GPU : 2
GPU : GPU Overclocking
Operating System : MS Windows 10 Professional
Hard Drive Cage : 5 Bay Hard-Drive Cage
Operating System Drive : 1TB Samsung 970 Pro PCIe NVMe M.2
RAID : No RAID
Hard Drive : 500GB Seagate BarraCuda SSD
Hard Drive : 1
Hard Drive : 2TB Samsung 860 QVO Series
Hard Drive : 1
Power Supply : 1.6 Kilowatt EVGA SuperNOVA G2
Power Supply Sleeved Cable : White Sleeved Cables +$72
Audio : EVGA NU Audio Card
Networking : Onboard Network Port
VR Panel : ********* PC VR Panel
The ******** Difference : The Best Gaming Experience Guaranteed
******* Maximum Protection Shipping Process : ******** Wooden Crate Armor
Warranty : 3 Year Part Replacement with 45 Day Free Shipping
Evolve Upgrade Service : Add Evolve Upgrade Service

Also I have a few questions:

1. Do international customers pay any extra fees such as taxes? Just asking since the FAQ's state "Any others shipping to other states are not charged sales tax."

2. The Aventum X build costs 11542 if you include shipping, and the Genesis build costs 9032 with shipping. So thats a 2500 price difference and in Canadian its a 3357 price difference. So the question is, is the Aventum worth the extra 2500 USD? Both companies have a great reputation from what I can tell, I know that the Aventum has some benefits such as better Ram (Corsair Dominator), better fans, longer warranty, etc but I can't decide if all that's worth the way higher price.

3. Is it possible to get MSI Rtx 2080TI's Seahawks Ek X graphics cards rather than the ones that come from Digitalstorm? Also would it be even worth it to go with the MSI's rather than whatever Digitalstorm provides?

4. What color of case would go best with Blue or Red Liquids within the Hydrolux system?

5. When does DigitalStorm have the best deals? Planning on buying the PC sometime at the end of this year, or beginning of next year so I'm just kind of curious on when the best time to make the purchase is.

... removed competitor name ...

Edited by Snaike - 20 May 2019 at 8:01pm
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 May 2019 at 11:01am
Welcome to DS.

Can only comment on some of the hardware in the Aventum. Out of courtesy to DS we do not comment on other companies. The moderator will eventually erase the name anyway.

I'll address the configuration first and then your questions.
That is one solidly strong build. I recommend the soft tubing instead of hardline. (Hardline seems to be the source of many complaints) I have an older Aventum II with Hydrolux Pro on everything and I went with the soft tubing and I am very glad I did. To start with there were leaks. If there is a contained fluid it will find a way to escape containment. Much easier to work with and around soft tubing to find and correct the pesky droplets. More importantly, you mention upgrading gpus in the future so I hope you are an acrylic tubing bending wizard because you will have to reconstruct the plumbing to fit the new cards if you go with hardline. I also just upgraded from 4 cards to 2 and am very glad for the soft tubing. I can't imagine what it would be like with hard plumbing and it was not easy. Tip: special order a drain valve.

You don't need the Noise Reduction package at all. The Corsair control board regulates all that. You also don't want or need the RTX 2080Tis oc'd but your call. They run a 4K real nicely.

I also saw you ordered the longer warranty and that is very smart. The std 1 year parts warranty goes by very quickly.

Now your questions.

1. Don't know. You have to talk w/DS when ordering.

2.The Aventum is a DS exclusively designed and built case. It is hugemongous and gorgeous. Something you will keep forever. I know I am keeping mine.

3. Short answer, YES. DS will custom order and install any part you want BUT it will not be covered by their warranty, only the particular part's mfg. warranty. I personally like the EVGA HydroCopper cards but that is my opinion which has NO value whatsoever in your choices. (I also had no knowledge about these things until I got here.)

4. Mine is white. I don't do colors or RGB or any of that.

5. They never advertise ahead of time but there are special sales/promotions during the usual suspect celebration/holidays.

Hope I did not bore you but it gives you something to read until the real gurus show up and tell us why I am all wrong. Big%20Smile

BTW, My first 2 gaming systems were from those guys' prior boutique. They are good. 

Edited by hoserator - 20 May 2019 at 12:50pm

Quote Superjak95 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 May 2019 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by hoserator

Welcome to DS.
Can only comment on some of the hardware in the Aventum. Out of courtesy to DS we do not comment on other companies. The moderator will eventually erase the name anyway.
I'll address the configuration first and then your questions.
That is one solidly strong build. I recommend the soft tubing instead of hardline. (Hardline seems to be the source of many complaints) I have an older Aventum II with Hydrolux Pro on everything and I went with the soft tubing and I am very glad I did. To start with there were leaks. If there is a contained fluid it will find a way to escape containment. Much easier to work with and around soft tubing to find and correct the pesky droplets. More importantly, you mention upgrading gpus in the future so I hope you are an acrylic tubing bending wizard because you will have to reconstruct the plumbing to fit the new cards if you go with hardline. I also just upgraded from 4 cards to 2 and am very glad for the soft tubing. I can't imagine what it would be like with hard plumbing and it was not easy. Tip: special order a drain valve.
You don't need the Noise Reduction package at all. The Corsair control board regulates all that. You also don't want or need the RTX 2080Tis oc'd but your call. They run a 4K real nicely.
I also saw you ordered the longer warranty and that is very smart. The std 1 year parts warranty goes by very quickly.
Now your questions.
1. Don't know. You have to talk w/DS when ordering.
2.The Aventum is a DS exclusively designed and built case. It is hugemongous and gorgeous. Something you will keep forever. I know I am keeping mine.
3. Short answer, YES. DS will custom order and install any part you want BUT it will not be covered by their warranty, only the particular part's mfg. warranty. I personally like the EVGA HydroCopper cards but that is my opinion which has NO value whatsoever in your choices. (I also had no knowledge about these things until I got here.)
4. Mine is white. I don't do colors or RGB or any of that.
5. They never advertise ahead of time but there are special sales/promotions during the usual suspect celebration/holidays.
Hope I did not bore you but it gives you something to read until the real gurus show up and tell us why I am all wrong. Big%20Smile
BTW, My first 2 gaming systems were from those guys' prior boutique. They are good. 

Thank you for replying.

My bad I didn't know that we're not supposed to mention other companies.

Thank you for the advice, but I'm kind of set on the hardline part. It's the main thing pushing me towards getting a prebuilt pc, and with soft tubing I'd probably have tried my own build. Maybe I'll try asking DS to remove the liquids when shipping the pc, and then I'll check it for leaks, and fill it if none are found. Hopefully they'd go along with that request.

As for the GPU upgrade part... I heard that you can send your pc back to DS, and they'll do the upgrades. Hopefully that's true. If not then I'll have to figure out something.

I'll be sure to special order a drain valve like you suggested when I order my build, and I'll remove the noise reduction package as well as the OC on the GPU. I'll only add it if they have a special going on for overclocking the GPU.

Thank you for answering my questions as well. It's the Aventum cause that's really pushing me towards DS and the fact that they've been in business since 2002. Heard good things about the Aventum as well in some youtube videos as well. Also I'll go with the GPU that DS provides then.

Thank you for answering all of my questions. I really appreciate it. Also you definitely didn't bore me! Haha.
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 May 2019 at 1:58am
The hardline does look awesome. Pardon my query but how are you going to look for leaks with no coolant in the loop? Anyway, do ask/purchase what coolant they use on yours so you order some extra (from them or the maker) for refills/top offs. (It does require fill ups every once in a while) I am glad I did since mine is no longer made and you CANNOT mix.

It is my understanding that DS will do the gpu update (or any other) in the future if you ship it back to them but make sure.
That is a monster to ship! Comes in a pallet.
I am sure all Aventum owners get the same response when people see it for the first time, Wow then Whoa and finally Drooling.
Enjoy. Big%20Smile

Edited by hoserator - 21 May 2019 at 2:01am
thedemoncowboy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote thedemoncowboy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 May 2019 at 10:21am
I got Hardline in my aventum. But you just have to read the reputation of both.

Quote Superjak95 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 May 2019 at 11:37am
Originally posted by hoserator

The hardline does look awesome. Pardon my query but how are you going to look for leaks with no coolant in the loop? Anyway, do ask/purchase what coolant they use on yours so you order some extra (from them or the maker) for refills/top offs. (It does require fill ups every once in a while) I am glad I did since mine is no longer made and you CANNOT mix.
It is my understanding that DS will do the gpu update (or any other) in the future if you ship it back to them but make sure.
That is a monster to ship! Comes in a pallet.
I am sure all Aventum owners get the same response when people see it for the first time, Wow then Whoa and finally Drooling.
Enjoy. Big%20Smile

I saw a few videos which show how to do on normal pcs. Guessing it should be similar on the Aventum. Here's a video from Nvidia that shows how to do it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Go_oOl6PCc&t=420s .

That's great to hear. Looks like I should keep the wooden crate for the future then, and be prepared to bribe my friends to carry the pc upstairs a few years from now

I thought my Inwin 909 case was big... Until I saw the measurements for the Aventum
thedemoncowboy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote thedemoncowboy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 May 2019 at 11:38am
Also please keep in mind when you look at ********, their pc is Plastic essentially ... also the water block on the DS is substantially artsy and profoundly better.

... removed competitor name ...

Edited by Snaike - 21 May 2019 at 11:58am

Quote Superjak95 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 May 2019 at 11:39am
Originally posted by thedemoncowboy

I got Hardline in my aventum. But you just have to read the reputation of both.

Did you have any issues with any leaks when you received your aventum?
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 May 2019 at 1:59am
It does not matter if other people have leaks. Some will undoubtedly do, I did and with soft tubing. Most do not. During shipping anything can happen. I also had 1 memory module out and another half way out. So.....luck of the draw.

Go with what will make you happy. Big%20Smile
Keep us posted.
 Post Reply Post Reply