FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Aventum X tomorrow: Important to do?

Post Date: 2019-12-12

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sTu View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote sTu Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Aventum X tomorrow: Important to do?
    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 10:00pm
So, I have been thinking about what I want to do immediately and would very much like folks thoughts on what they did early or wish they did in retrospect. Thinking this could be helpful to many people. I am assuming the system boots up without issues.

I plan to take photos of the Bios immediately. Given the overclocked system I have, this might might make a future system recovery much less painful. Living in today's world I will be downloading ESET while watching the RGB fireworks upon entering Windows. At this point, lots of choices to make. What did you do?
At what point did you make your first system back up? I have been reading up on backup software. Did you go free software or purchase one of the paid products? Rather than ramble further, I am interested to read other peoples' ideas.

To all including the wonderful Digital Storm staff a wonderful and enjoyable holiday celebration!

sTu

Edited by sTu - 12 Dec 2019 at 10:06pm
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 1:02am
First thing you really need to do is make sure you have LOTS of physical room and, perhaps, extra muscle to maneuver this beast out of the box and into position.

Aventums are HUGE and HEAVY.

As for programs and backups, I'll let the experts take over....

Good luck, happy gaming and happy holidays.
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 1:17am
++1
Whoa That is a pc?

Do get help.

LOL
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 3:57am
I can suggest you go to "Software Discussion" and check out the first two entries. There are some good hints here and discussion about solid utilities that would be useful. IMO, CCleaner and Malwarebytes (free or paid) are must haves. I also run SUPER Antispyware to back up Malwarebytes.

Memorializing your BIOS is good, but remember your lifetime support. That will include DS on the phone helping you restore your overclock. They have everything about your system indexed to your order #.

I cloned my system for the first time when I had all my initial downloads and had worked with it for a bit so I had my Windows settings the way I thought they should be. That way I can always go back to the initial pristine state it was in, but already have my must-have downloads in place.

Have Fun!    
ThePinkGoat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote ThePinkGoat Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 9:17am
Learn how you will flush and replace your fluid if you have hardline or soft tubing.

Figure out how you will drain and refill prior to needing to do it.

Ask yourself, IF the pump stops working can I replace it on my own? I would ask for any instructions they have on replacing your cooling parts.

At some point, you will have to pop the hood and give it a tune-up.

Because it's a very big heavy machine the thought of mailing it back to DS for repairs seems baffling.

Just my 2 cents from comments we get here about "how do I flush and fill" so many buy this build assuming they won't have to work on it within a year or two.
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 9:45pm
Lol...Pink Debbie Downer ...Enjoy your new huge Aventum...pick a landing spot up on a table or platform...Floors will cause more dust to get in...lol.   

Likely be a long time before any kind of maintenance will be needed on the Aventum X loop.   Dusting yes... Top off coolant about 1-2 times a year if needed.... Someday you might need to drain and flush, but I am going on 7 yrs with clear clean coolant and only top offs.   Just lucky.   
 Post Reply Post Reply