FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Avid console Gamer moving to PC

Post Date: 2023-04-29

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
[email protected] View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote cbsp1532@yahoo.com Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Avid console Gamer moving to PC
    Posted: 29 Apr 2023 at 7:09am
Budget:
> 3000

Expectations: -dual screen 1440 and 1080 @ high frame rates if needed for competitor gaming
Shooters - cod, overwatch, apex, x defiant
- Some WOW, Diablo rpgs gonna stream a little. Some older pc titles and exclusives I’ve always wanted to play. League, Val

Usage:
Mostly gaming, optimal frame rates, and streaming. I will be using it for work some also but nothing intensive - word doc/excel, reporting, emails, marketing, product ordering, low end graphic design

Special Needs:
Would like dual screen whether that easier to do on a desktop or laptop with a Dock.

Specifications: Completely knew to PC expect my back in the day WOW experience. I’ve been looking at different velocity builds. I will slowly upgrade to a better system so I do want to go ahead and have a upgraded gpu, won’t need a crazy keyboard or mouse gonna start out on a controller.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated ready for join the DS army!!
HNIC -BS
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Apr 2023 at 3:26pm
Here's what I think. The latest crop of CPUs and GPUs makes your needs fairly easy to accommodate without breaking the bank.I think this build will surpass your base needs by a wide margin and provide years of solid performance.

https://www.digitalstorm.com/configurator.asp?id=4675337

I chose the 13700KF so you will have power to spare for intensive multiple operations with no worries. The upgraded motherboard, with 32 GB of RAM so you have plenty for multi-tasking like gaming, streaming and recording all at once. The Corsair 850W power supply is chosen for it's 5 year factory warranty.

I always recommend a lean and mean 500GB primary drive for OS, apps and maintenace software. Allows you to manage it easily for space, ease and speed of back-up and speedy scanning. The main library for games and other storage is the 2TB 980 Pro.

The 4070 Ti is a fantastic choice for multi-monitor use at your resolutions. The Noctua air cooler is near-silent and eliminates any lifespan concerns you might have with an all-in-one liquid cooling package. It cools equally well and will likely outlast the life of this rig.

And it's right on budget. How'bout that!   
[email protected] View Drop Down

Quote cbsp1532@yahoo.com Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Apr 2023 at 10:06am
It’s sounds absolutely great really appreciate your time!!! And I appreciate the Noctua cooler that was definitely a concern.
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 May 2023 at 9:25pm
Happy to help!   
 Post Reply Post Reply