FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Avon boot/screen problems

Post Date: 2021-02-22

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
TheSmoulder View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote TheSmoulder Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Avon boot/screen problems
    Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 4:25pm
Have had the avon laptop for about 3 weeks now and one day in the middle of a game my laptops screen went black and it went into a repeat boot cycle, each time the fans would kick on but would auto power down before it even got to the digital storm boot logo.

I had managed to get it to boot up normally but now if you move the screen angle to move the laptop around too much it powers down and returns to boot cycle until I either close it or unplug it.

Laptop will boot and run normally of the screen is in a specific angle but will return to boot cycle if moved while powered on

Happens whether or not if the ac power is pigged in.

*Edit* laptop has not been dropped or received any liquid damage.
Antivirus scan shows no infections

Edited by TheSmoulder - 22 Feb 2021 at 4:29pm
GrandesBollas View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote GrandesBollas Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by TheSmoulder

Have had the avon laptop for about 3 weeks now and one day in the middle of a game my laptops screen went black and it went into a repeat boot cycle, each time the fans would kick on but would auto power down before it even got to the digital storm boot logo.

I had managed to get it to boot up normally but now if you move the screen angle to move the laptop around too much it powers down and returns to boot cycle until I either close it or unplug it.

Laptop will boot and run normally of the screen is in a specific angle but will return to boot cycle if moved while powered on

Happens whether or not if the ac power is pigged in.

*Edit* laptop has not been dropped or received any liquid damage.
Antivirus scan shows no infections

Sounds like you may have a hardware issue. The screen going black while playing a game sounds like a thermal issue; the screen going black if you disrupt air flow by moving the screen sounds like a thermal issue as well. There are other reasons why the laptop could suffer a fatal error and reboot - short on the motherboard. Call DS tech support; you may need to send it back.
TheSmoulder View Drop Down

Quote TheSmoulder Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 7:01pm
Thanks for the reply, yeah I'm going to call tech in the morning, just had some false hope that I wouldn't need to send it back in because it took a month to receive and I had a very bad experience with fedex.

Oh and the screen isn't just going black, it shuts off the whole pc, as if you are doing a hard shutdown but it immediately and repeatibly tries to reboot.
 Post Reply Post Reply