FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

AVON charger/adapter not supplying enough power

Post Date: 2019-08-22

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
TannerT View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote TannerT Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: AVON charger/adapter not supplying enough power
    Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 3:06pm
I'm not entirely sure where to post this in the forums but I have a bit of a unique problem.

A couple of months ago I bought the AVON laptop, and I absolutely love it and haven't found any issues until now. I recently got Battlefield V, fired up the game runs great, but I've noticed it's causing my battery to drain/discharge even though I have the laptop plugged in.

I've fiddled with the quality options of the game, and battery settings and can run the game on medium quality in power saving mode/better battery. Also the charger is getting quite hot, could that be the issue?

I don't believe a 230w charger/adapter is enough power for this beast of a machine.

I'm going to run some other games to see if this issue persists.
Acetylide View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Acetylide Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 1:07pm
The laptop shouldn't be drawing that much power. Regardless of whether or not you have it plugged in to a power source, the laptop is always going to draw power from the battery.
I don't know how the AVON is set up, but from my experience with my own laptop, they typically have 2 settings for the battery. One will keep your battery charging to 100% when you have it jacked in to a power source, and the other, Desktop Mode, will only charge it to 50-75%.

IF you've had your laptop plugged in constantly with the battery always charged at or near 100%, there's a good chance that it is down-charging the battery to 7-10% in order to preserve the battery life. When this happens, it will draw more power from the battery.
I'm not saying this is the case with your laptop, but the one I have is rather annoying when it comes to the battery. After a couple of weeks I could be in the middle of gaming or running a render and the laptop will decide to down-charge the battery by running the cpu at like half its clock speed & everything runs like ****, which is why I keep the battery preservation mode turned off.

Your best bet is to contact DS tech support and ask them.
 Post Reply Post Reply