FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Back to School Sale (10% Off + Free Extras)

Post Date: 2010-07-16

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Back to School Sale (10% Off + Free Extras)
    Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 9:34pm
We've just released our 'Back to School Sale' which continues to push our latest aggressive pricing that we released a few months ago.

Instead of showing our new customers how much they are saving 'before and after' with just the dollar value such as '$201' off on the top left of our system images, we're showing the actual 10% discount live on the configurator now. A few months ago, we reduced our pricing structure by 10% to allow new customers with tight budgets to see the advantages of being a Digital Storm customer.

We're extending our previous promotion for users looking for the perfect 'Back to School' PC and will continue to have exclusive extra value incentives in the future.
sona View Drop Down

Quote sona Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Jul 2010 at 2:53am
I'm purchasing my computer on Wednesday. How long will this sale last?
Patrick_DS View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Patrick_DS Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Jul 2010 at 7:03am
It should be the "I don't wanna go back to school sale" cause once you get your hands on one of these awesome rigs you'll lock yourself in your room and won't be seen for weeks! LOL Hahaha
Sneakerz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Sneakerz Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Jul 2010 at 7:42am
haha very good point Patrick_DS.

I'm personally waiting to order a new DS rig for the Christmas deals so when I return from deployment hopefully my computer will be waiting for me =)
Intel Core i5 6600k @ 4.6
240GB Samsung SSD
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 Hybrid
Corsair Hydro H80i GT
teaiewold View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote teaiewold Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Jul 2010 at 8:29am
where are you currently deployed sneakerz? i'm living it up in afghanistan...lol. i get back march 2011 and will def be buying a DS rig. unfortunately i doubt there will be any sales around the time i get back. i'm buying the PC for the release of SWTOR maybe there will be some sales action around it's release date <crosses fingers>
Sneakerz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Sneakerz Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Jul 2010 at 10:17am
I'm over in Tal Afar, Iraq. I hear that Afghanistan is pretty active right now. Stay safe and thanks for your service! Its pretty quiet here. Should be home hopefully before Christmas this year. Just a quick 6 month deployment. I'm buying the new comp for SWTOR also! And probably some SC2 and Diablo III
Intel Core i5 6600k @ 4.6
240GB Samsung SSD
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 Hybrid
Corsair Hydro H80i GT
teaiewold View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote teaiewold Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Jul 2010 at 10:30am
rock on dude. i'm in bagram so it's relatively safe. the action should only last till the fall. once it starts getting cold the taliban takes a break....because it gets cold over here....lol. we're in the mountains and you can see snow on the mountains right now with it being summer.

i hope you get a kick ass rig. you may want to wait to buy it once it gets closer to the release date of the game you plan on focusing on.
tollster View Drop Down

Quote tollster Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Jul 2010 at 1:55pm
I know you probably can't answer this question, but what are the chances of this sale still being around through September 1st to 3rd? The reason I ask is I'm currently living in BC which has a wonderful 12% hst, but in early September I'm moving to Edmonton which is only 5%. I'm very tempted to just buy now with the 10% off, but I could save a lot more if I also waited to be in Edmonton =(
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Jul 2010 at 4:19pm
To be honest I can't make any promises. I rather not say anything because we may either keep our current 10% off pricing till then, or we may decide to remove it and go back to our original pricing since there will be an influx of orders during Q3 and Q4 from the Holiday buying season.

Edited by Alex - 17 Jul 2010 at 4:20pm
Mr. View Drop Down

Quote Mr. Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Jul 2010 at 6:15pm
is the only thing thats difference in this back to school deal and before it is the price thing that it shows on the right side? because i built the same build before the sale and now after and its the same price i think or not more than 50 bux difference, just wondering
Mr.
Dragoonseal View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Dragoonseal Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Jul 2010 at 6:24pm
It's the same pricing they've had for the last month or two, but now they're finally advertising it, more or less.
Lilim
Intel Core i7 920 @4.2GHz
HAF 932 - Dual SLI Nvidia GTX 480s
3x Intel X25-M G2 (80GB) SSD RAID0
R.I.P. Sinbad the cat (November 16, 1996 - April 18, 2011)
Mr. View Drop Down

Quote Mr. Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Jul 2010 at 6:40pm
ohh i see, good to let others know how nice the prices here are 
Mr.
cohenfive View Drop Down

Quote cohenfive Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Jul 2010 at 10:34pm
this is a bit bogus isn't it? i configured the same pc i configured a couple of days ago, and got the exact same price to the dollar. i guess the new, lower stock prices and new 10% off 'sale' is now the norm....marketing gimmick i guess. 
!ender_ View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote !ender_ Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Jul 2010 at 10:38pm
read the forums,
alex has said in several places that the discounts were already there, but digital storm is just now getting around to advertising it

so not only is it not bogus, we were actually already being offered the savings without any bullsh*t gimmicks

and alex actually said this in the original post on this thread

Originally posted by Alex

we're showing the actual 10% discount live on the configurator now

Edited by !ender_ - 17 Jul 2010 at 10:40pm
cohenfive View Drop Down

Quote cohenfive Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Jul 2010 at 12:30am
well i think while the prices are good, to call it a 'sale' is a big misleading since the prices have not changed at all....i'm just sayin'.......:)
!ender_ View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote !ender_ Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Jul 2010 at 12:39am
not when the market is super saturated with the same thing

try going to any retail store and walking around for 10 seconds without finding the word "sale" or "deal"
or even better, try it online

words like this make people feel better about dropping cash, especially over $1000, so like i already said, they had already come down to more competitive prices, now they are advertising it

im just saying.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Jul 2010 at 2:26am
@Cohenfive,

The prices did change, we're just getting around to market them. I made a post about this in a different thread:

Just recently within the past month or so, we've lowered our pricing by 10%. Before hand, we didn't really market it on the website since we were doing layout updates and such. Now that all of that is done, we're marketing the new pricing.

Also, a lot of individuals that have been to our website a month or two ago aren't aware of our new lower pricing, and this is one of the reasons why we are hyping it now to ensure they know that Digital Storm now has aggressive affordable pricing.

I hope that clears it up. If you have any other questions or concerns feel free to email me directly as well at [email protected]

Edited by Alex - 19 Jul 2010 at 12:19pm
cohenfive View Drop Down

Quote cohenfive Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Jul 2010 at 9:16am
alex, i'm good. i haven't been around these forums all that long so didn't see the price changes a while back which is why i'm observing that they haven't changed with the newer, more intuitive, sale prices....and it's not me that returned a competing product. i'm just milking the last days out of my 4 year old dell that has served me so well but is just not up to the task any more so i'm looking for a replacement...Big%20Smile
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Jul 2010 at 12:22pm
@cohenfive,

No worries bud! (Some of the quoted text wasn't actually for you and I didn't get a chance to remove it. I updated it now).

Feel free to get in touch with us or post your budget (in the Configuration Discussion forum) and what your looking for and let us all help you out.

Edited by Alex - 19 Jul 2010 at 12:23pm
cohenfive View Drop Down

Quote cohenfive Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Jul 2010 at 12:35pm
alex, i did post about a week ago..i was the guy whining about why your prices 'seemed' so much higher than at a couple of the lesser shops. i think i have a good build, it's just a teeny bit above what i was hoping to spend so was hoping the new pricing meant lower pricing...
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Jul 2010 at 2:01pm
Understood. We would love to earn your business! I wish we would work something out for your budget at the price range you are looking for, but unfortunately the extensive testing, packaging, and customer service does add to the overall pricing of our products.

If you look at your purchase as an investment since it is something you will using for a while, perhaps that extra comfort may be worth it in the end? Maybe saving up a little more and going with a new awesome Digital Storm PC may be a great idea
cohenfive View Drop Down

Quote cohenfive Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Jul 2010 at 2:09pm
that's the plan....i'm heading to europe with my family the middle of august and will be taking my 'big rig' camera gear with me...so i'll return with a couple thousand raw images which will need to be worked on. the dell (which has been bulletproof reliable) just won't handle that sort of file manipulation so i'll be getting a new pc pretty soon!!

neg View Drop Down

Quote neg Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Jul 2010 at 11:32am
Can anyone say if this is a better deal (the 10% off) than say the Halloween/Cyber Monday/End of the Year deals that ran last year (and might run this year)? 

I can't remember what they offered for Cyber Monday or End of the Year deals from last year.  Anyone remember and post?  Thanks, the more I save the more I can afford periphrals!

-neg

Edited by neg - 01 Aug 2010 at 10:53am
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Jul 2010 at 10:08pm
There won't be any higher discounts that the current promotion. That's for sure.

The most we would do is probably throw in some value added items. Right now is a great time to buy.
epltico View Drop Down

Quote epltico Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Aug 2010 at 3:46pm
so just to get this straight are the prices going to go up 10% or are they just going to stay the same and then they add something sept for labor day??
Dragoonseal View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Dragoonseal Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Aug 2010 at 3:48pm
Prices are not going to go up. For holiday sales like Labor Day expect something like a free upgrade to a longer warranty.
Lilim
Intel Core i7 920 @4.2GHz
HAF 932 - Dual SLI Nvidia GTX 480s
3x Intel X25-M G2 (80GB) SSD RAID0
R.I.P. Sinbad the cat (November 16, 1996 - April 18, 2011)
cohenfive View Drop Down

Quote cohenfive Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Aug 2010 at 5:47pm
Awesome, if you offer something like that (upgraded warranty) the timing will work well since i get back from vaca on aug 31 and plan on ordering right afterwards! looking forward to meeting some of you as well as i'll be picking up my pc at the ds world hq..one of the things i like is that you guys are local to me so if i ever have big problems i can just drive on down to you....but hopefully that won't happen. 
epltico View Drop Down

Quote epltico Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Aug 2010 at 10:19pm
Okay so i wont feel horrible for not jumping on this 10% off thing then right:P!
Ill just wait till labor day weekend then ill have a bit more cash then too haha i just cross my fingers your right
the12deel View Drop Down

Quote the12deel Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 7:41am
Glad I came across this post, because I was holding out for a "Black Friday" deal. I wanted to see if there would be a move with Nvidia coming out with a new GPU that would compete with the 5970 and also add more graphic power by adding x2 480's. But  just to be sure, did Alex say that the10% may go away because of a possible influx in ordering these awesome gaming rigs? I guess I'm in a wait and see status at the moment, because I will not be returning until December and didn't want to order to early.

Uploaded with ImageShack.u
cohenfive View Drop Down

Quote cohenfive Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 10:16am
it is my understanding that the 10% is likely to stick around for a while now and reflects the new 'norm' in pricing for ds. it seems more logical to me to have more consistent and standardized pricing policies than to have them jump all over the place. the back to school sale really only includes an extra year of warranty coverage over the already decent value for their systems. i just ordered a pc from ds last week when the sale was announced and am looking forward to getting it. my experience is that prices have actually been rising slightly for certain components as older models get discontinued and ds switches to the newer, 'better' ones...but small changes for the most part. i'm looking forward to getting my pc in a couple of weeks...just not looking forward to the migration headaches!!
the12deel View Drop Down

Quote the12deel Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 11:39am
Ok thanks cohenfive, also I just looked at the Black O|Ps PC's wow did they get upgraded (to include) the price whew. Well I hope that I can still get a great deal when I get ready to head back home, btw it wasn't the ads of DS that got me siked about their computers it's the people in the forums. I love it when I see "IT'S HERE" and I go and check out the pictures, that will be me in Dec. Also these guys go outta their way to give rock solid advice to help the less informed (me ) hehe. And whoever this Alex guy is, man is he into customer service or what. I must say this forum is addicting, I haven't bought my rig yet and I'm here everyday just reading and learning, great community.

Uploaded with ImageShack.u
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 2:31pm
cohenfive View Drop Down

Quote cohenfive Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Sep 2010 at 9:34am
and i'll be one of those "it's here!!" guys soon enough! i've learned a lot in this process as well, really helps make a good purchase decision...no pressure to buy more than you need, but a lot of questions that lead to a truly 'custom' configuration.
 Post Reply Post Reply