FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

[Beginner] Need advice on a PC Build.

Post Date: 2015-11-01

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pengchen6 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote pengchen6 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: [Beginner] Need advice on a PC Build.
    Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 5:21pm
Hello all!.
I'm currently looking for a new PC (a little bit towards the high end side) where money isn't a big concern. But not too crazy like 2x titan X.

Here is the build I had in mind. (Apollo Lv 2 with graphics card change)
- Intel Core i7 6700K CPU (6700k is the highest/newest for now right? Does it necessarily mean faster? Even if its by a little bit?)
- 16GB DDR4 2666MHz Memory (What impact does this have? FPS? and is it enough?)
- NVIDIA GTX 980Ti 6GB (Is this graphics card and 6GB enough to run all games smoothly currently?)
- CPU Liquid Cooling (Does it really matter what type of cooling you get? Fans vs Liquid Cooling)
- 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD (What impact does the SSD have on the PC? Multitasking? FPS? Does it do the same thing as the storage below?)
- 1TB 7200RPM Storage HDD
- Z170 Chipset Motherboard (Only got this because it could fit the i7 6700k. Apollo lv 3 and 4 couldn't fit the i7 6700k b/c of the motherboard. Am I correct on all this?)
- 750W EVGA SuperNOVA PSU (When does the power supply become an issue?)
- DVD-R/RW/CD-R/RW
- Microsoft Windows 10

$2340
pengchen6 View Drop Down

Quote pengchen6 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 5:27pm
Also forgot to mention my PC uses. No uploading videos, steaming or anything like that. Just pure gaming (FPS-wise) and video steaming (Graphic quality).
And also what is my option on monitors, I doubt I would get the same graphic quality on all monitors, is there anything I need to look out for? (1920 x 1080 pref)
forrest74 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote forrest74 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 6:48pm
Here is a link to 980ti benchmarks which I think you will find helpful, as it lists FPS for many games.

http://www.pcgamer.com/nvidia-geforce-gtx-980-ti-review/

HAF-X, i5-4670, 3.4 GHz, 16 GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 780Ti, 512GB Samsung 840 PRO SSD, 1 TB Western Digital Black, Noctua DH-15
mark2396 View Drop Down

Quote mark2396 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Nov 2015 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by pengchen6

Hello all!.
I'm currently looking for a new PC (a little bit towards the high end side) where money isn't a big concern. But not too crazy like 2x titan X.

Here is the build I had in mind. (Apollo Lv 2 with graphics card change)
- Intel Core i7 6700K CPU (6700k is the highest/newest for now right? Does it necessarily mean faster? Even if its by a little bit?)
- 16GB DDR4 2666MHz Memory (What impact does this have? FPS? and is it enough?)
- NVIDIA GTX 980Ti 6GB (Is this graphics card and 6GB enough to run all games smoothly currently?)
- CPU Liquid Cooling (Does it really matter what type of cooling you get? Fans vs Liquid Cooling)
- 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD (What impact does the SSD have on the PC? Multitasking? FPS? Does it do the same thing as the storage below?)
- 1TB 7200RPM Storage HDD
- Z170 Chipset Motherboard (Only got this because it could fit the i7 6700k. Apollo lv 3 and 4 couldn't fit the i7 6700k b/c of the motherboard. Am I correct on all this?)
- 750W EVGA SuperNOVA PSU (When does the power supply become an issue?)
- DVD-R/RW/CD-R/RW
- Microsoft Windows 10

$2340

Im not as big of an expert as some of the posts ive seen but i can answer a few. 16 gb id more than enough for gaming. Ive never gone over 6 in multi tasking. The ssd will speed up load times but isnt going to help with fps persay. The power supply is also fine for what you have shown for the setup. The video card is dependant on if your are plaing 1080p. If you are then the 970 card is fine from what i hear
 Post Reply Post Reply