Post Date: 2010-06-05

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JJJJ_Shabadoo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote JJJJ_Shabadoo Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Benchmark Software?
    Posted: 05 Jun 2010 at 6:01pm
In anticipation of my DS build arriving, I'm interested in a benchmark that will allow me to compare my laughable old system (P4 running Win XP 32 bit Cry) with my soon to arrive new system (i7 w/ Win 7 64bitHeart).  Is there a free benchmark available that will allow me to compare the two systems?  I'm anxious to be able to point and laugh at the mediocrity of my old system.

Thanks!
justin.kerr View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote justin.kerr Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Jun 2010 at 10:40pm
you can use tons... there are 2D benches that will test only CPU and Memory. then there are the 3D tests that will test CPU/memory and GPU(s), then there are full system tests like PC mark Vantage..  let me know what you are looking for and I can help guide you.
JJJJ_Shabadoo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote JJJJ_Shabadoo Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Jun 2010 at 11:27pm
Just something basic for CPU, memory and GPU - I'm not going to be using this to tweek my BIOS/OC or anything like that.  It's more to just to have a relatively objective way to let me see how much better my new system is than my old.  A couple that I've looked at will either work with Vista/7 or XP but I want something that will work with both so I can be comparing apples to apples as much as possible.

And, most importantly, free.

Thanks!
!ender_ View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote !ender_ Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Jun 2010 at 11:37pm
pc mark and 3d mark will be the most comprehensive, but really you can use anything and you will see a gigantic difference, everest too

but really, play your games with fraps on and look at the fps difference, thats what will really show the gain. benchmarkers are synthetic way of predicting real world results
 Post Reply Post Reply