Post Date: 2021-05-21

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Best apps/software paid or free for gaming pcbuild
    Posted: 21 May 2021 at 12:33pm
Some of the more knowledgeable folks around here swear by Windows Defender that comes with Win10, so third party virus protection is not as important as it used to be... But for me, avast! has been a very good install.

As far as 'Must Haves' my votes go straight to CCleaner, MalwareBytes and any of a number of temp monitoring gadgets like Speccy, HWMonitor and RealTemp.

Benchmarking your GPU can be done with Heaven... although some prefer Furmark.

Now, these are all older programs as I've not upgraded my system (due to this pandemic nonsense that's created some fiscal issues) but I still use them. If there are newer, better apps/programs I am certain The Smart Guys® will be along shortly to guide you.

Good luck!!
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 May 2021 at 4:39am
The "Must Have Software" sticky above is still valid as far as I'm concerned. Look it over. Almost all of those have been updated regularly through the years. Windows security has been sufficient for virus protection on my systems for over 11 years. I first went with it because I had a history of conflicts with Windows, games, etc. from the usual suspects. Especially Norton. I've never had any issues at all with Windows Security.
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 May 2021 at 11:51pm
I also agree with the above as to Windows security. I also go with Malwarebytes (paid version and it has already paid for itself) and CCleaner (free version).

The most important anti virus is YOU! Be very careful what sites you visit and what you download. Do NOT download offers that will speed up your system, lol, what do you expect the bad guys will post, an advert service that will slow it down?

Enjoy.
 Post Reply Post Reply