Post Date: 2020-11-19

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
adoro View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote adoro Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Best Simulation games on PC
    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 7:27am
My favorite genre is Simulation. These games can make time disappear from the universe if you are not careful. There is a lot of awesome games on this list, including my all-time favorite Cities Skylines. Golftopia, released this year, has gotten into my heart as one of the best simulation indie game of the year. Some of my favorite games.

Cities Skylines:
The game introduces new game play elements to realize the thrill and hardships of creating and maintaining a real city whilst expanding on some well-established tropes of the city building experience.

Euro Truck Simulator 2:

The game is a direct sequel to the 2008 game Euro Truck Simulator and it is second video game in Euro Truck Simulator series.

Football Manager 2020:
Put your opinions to good use and do things your way at your club this season.

Golfotopia:
Golfotopia aims to create a humorous management tycoon experience fused with wacky physics-based golf mechanics.

Eurotrucks2mods:
Eurotrucks2mods Set in Europe, the player can drive one of a choice of articulated trucks across a depiction of Europe, picking up cargo from various locations and delivering it.
I'm a game maniac.
fwfdfireman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote fwfdfireman Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 5:36am
I like the Flight Sims myself.
Just bought the new MS Flight Sim 2020............. what a POS! There are tons of people, including myself, that are experiencing crashes and very low fps on high end machines. I mean, after all, I had my PC built way WAY over "ideal specs" for the game.
Don't bother getting this one until they get the game fixed! Loading up FSX again.
Old Gamers Never Die!
adoro View Drop Down

Quote adoro Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 10:11am
I have played flight simulator games, but I find it difficult to control the flight simulator. From this the truck simulator seemed a little easier. I will also play MS Flight Sim2020 game. Thank you.

Edited by adoro - 23 Nov 2020 at 10:12am
I'm a game maniac.
Groupie
Groupie

Quote fwfdfireman Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by adoro

I have played flight simulator games, but I find it difficult to control the flight simulator. From this the truck simulator seemed a little easier. I will also play MS Flight Sim2020 game. Thank you.

I would wait to see if they get it fixed. I just got my PC from DS and had it built to be WAY above "Ideal Specs" that they listed for the game and it still crashes and runs like crap.

Heck, I enjoyed MS FSX more and loaded it back up today. Now all I have to do is get the "eye candy" I like to make it look really good, some extra favorite aircraft and helo's plus some acft. panel tweaks that I had before.

Up to you, but I uninstalled mine and will wait a year and see if the issues everyone is having have been resolved. As it was, the 100Gig plus download was nothing more than a paper weight on my PC!!

Edited by fwfdfireman - 23 Nov 2020 at 12:24pm
Old Gamers Never Die!
ErikW View Drop Down

Quote ErikW Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 8:49pm
Satisfactory is an amazing factory simulation game.  Really it is a simulator of physical processes including electrical power generation, fluids, material construction lighting, transportation devices and more.  I am continually amazed at the additions to the game that are rapidly appearing.

Along with the ability to build machines and factories, you mine materials, harvest plants and scavenge alien wrecked spacecraft for hard drives with plans and recipes.

But things are not handed to you without some effort.  The world you explore and build on is filled with friendly and not so friendly creatures, radioactive ore that can kill you, and hidden resources that require explosives and cleverness to locate and reach.

You can build weapons, tools and machines to help you, and adopt some of the creatures as pets to help you find materials.  But sometimes your pets can bring back dangerous items, so be careful.

Whether you just like building machines, playing with systems, creating buildings, making trucks and trains, or exploring and taming worlds, you will probably find it in Satisfactory.

There are add-ons to make things like personal and material teleporters and some to let you bypass the tedious things like fighting off enemies, or creating fuel for vehicles.  You can tailor the game to do what interests you and disable what doesn't.

The biggest complaint that I have about Satisfactory is that loading a saved game takes a very long time.  Luckily saving the game is fast, and the auto-save feature doesn't interfere with game play at all.
carefulpunch View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote carefulpunch Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 3:22pm
At first, I didn't think I'd like Euro Truck Simulator 2 as I'm not much of a truck person. However, this game is so addicting. I love it!
carefulpunch
ratoNty View Drop Down

Quote ratoNty Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 May 2021 at 11:40am
MSFS and ETS are my two favorite simulation games
jaypeetee44 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote jaypeetee44 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by fwfdfireman

Originally posted by adoro

I would wait to see if they get it fixed. I just got my PC from DS and had it built to be WAY above "Ideal Specs" that they listed for the game and it still crashes and runs like crap.

Heck, I enjoyed MS FSX more and loaded it back up today. Now all I have to do is get the "eye candy" I like to make it look really good, some extra favorite aircraft and helo's plus some acft. panel tweaks that I had before.

Up to you, but I uninstalled mine and will wait a year and see if the issues everyone is having have been resolved. As it was, the 100Gig plus download was nothing more than a paper weight on my PC!!

Old gamers never die? They just teleport into their favorite game.

Simulators...that was the subject. I have trouble with the MS flight simulator. Playing with keyboard and mouse makes controlling the plane really tough. For GTA San Andreas I cobbled together the steering wheel, gas and brake pedals, and a shifter on the column. Maybe it would be easier to control MSFS with the after market controls for airplanes.

Walmart had a sale on simulators a few years back and I bought and played these titles:

Airport Simulator
     Airport Firefighters
     Bus Simulator
     Construction Simulator
     DIG IT! A digging simulator
     Firefighters
     Professional Farmer
     Roadside Assistance Simulator
     Ropeway Simulator
     Ship Simulator: Maritime search and Rescue

My favorites were the airport, firefighter, DIG IT!,roadside assistance,ropeway, and maritime search and rescue simulators. I played these for a while until I discovered Skyrim.

Aventum X
IntelCore i9 11900K 3.5 GHz
Asus Prime 2590-P/MSI-A Pro
32GB DDR4 3200 MHz
1000W Semi-Modular 80+Gold
2xSSD M.2 1 TB Firecuda NVM X
GeForce RTX 3070 8GB VR Ready
H20 Cooling for Processor

Groupie
Groupie

Quote fwfdfireman Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 5:22am
I have not tried Skyrim Online, don't care for that scenario myself, but loved Skyrim 5 I think is was. The release before the online stuff.
For flight sims, you have to have a flight stick. Here you can go cheap all the way up to full blown sim. cockpit.
I find that a good flight sim can occupy lots of time just flying around various parts of the world admiring the scenery.
Old Gamers Never Die!
carefulpunch View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote carefulpunch Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 1:17am
Originally posted by ratoNty

MSFS and ETS are my two favorite simulation games

MSFS is a masterpiece! Kudos to Microsoft.
carefulpunch
ecophagyclass View Drop Down

Quote ecophagyclass Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 3:41pm
haven't tried it but I'll have a look. Sounds promising.
Gldigital View Drop Down

Quote Gldigital Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 11:52pm
I've seen a lot of good reviews for this game. Must be that good.
PcKiller View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote PcKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Dec 2023 at 7:49am
Train Simulator from Microsoft.
I-5 14600 KF
ASUS Prime Z790-P D5
32GB DDR5 6000MHz Kingston FURY Beast RGB
SSD M.2 2TB Samsung 990 PRO
RTX 4080 16GB
H20: Stage 3: Digital Storm Vortex Liquid CPU Cooler
Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 by 1440
 Post Reply Post Reply