FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Black Desert Online Remastered

Post Date: 2018-09-07

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Zaratras View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Zaratras Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Black Desert Online Remastered
    Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 4:44am
Anyone know the game Black Desert Online? I have seen a news that the game has been remastered wherein it was already well known for its well-designed graphics and contents before yet it has been improved once again. As of now, the game’s visual display and audio content has been improved and I encourage everyone to check it out and be part of the community.

Acetylide View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Acetylide Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 1:50pm
I really wanted to give this game a try, but after reading some of the posts in the Black Desert Online forum about the funky payment system they use, I never bothered to download the game.
If I remember the name correctly, they use a PayWall or something like that, which is based somewhere in Europe. One of the issues people were having is not being able to make any transactions(credit card, PayPal, etc.) until after they send the PayWall company photo-copies of their ID(i.e. drivers license), and if they want to use a credit card, they have to send a partial photo-copy of it as well.
I believe you can play this game through Steam also, but I don't know if they are connected to the same merchant when it comes to purchasing in-game stuff. If so, it seems to be quite a hassle to go through just to buy some of the bare necessities in the game(inventory/character slots, etc.).

Games like Vindictus don't have a limit on PayPal transactions, but credit card purchases are limited to under $90 per month if I recall correctly. I'm surprised this game hasn't died already, because unlike Black Desert, the graphics are not optimized. It's dependent on the cpu, so even with a decent graphics card, it runs like absolute garbage if you don't turn the detail levels down.

Tera seems to be dying out as well. Some time this month they're going to be cutting the number of servers in half by merging them except for the single roleplaying server. It plays a lot better than Vindictus for sure.

Ascent: Infinite Realm appears promising and seems to have similar character customization features that Black Desert Online has, but I haven't looked at the actual gameplay itself yet. Bluehole Studios is planning on a release date some time in 2019.
Sideer View Drop Down

Quote Sideer Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 10:27am
We have been lacking for a new innovative MMORPG for the past few years. Black Desert's problem wasn't the graphics or audio, i think the game lacked the aim/drive for the future. Sure that's what a sandbox mmorpg is, you have to make your own fun in social situations, while participating in the events. But it felt empty for me, very focused on the design, but somehow lacking the hype while in the game. (sure it's subjective, but i've seen this mentioned a lot)

Overall, i feel like if you have played a few big MMORPGs, you will feel as if every new release is a mix between each of the past games, just different graphics and text lines. Beside that, i feel as if we are lacking the innovative aspect in MMORPGs these days. It is one of the hardest genre for the game development to be successful, servers cost up to a million a year, it's a huge rick factor so they go for the working method and nothing innovative i guess. I can see how the future of VR can transcend the old boring aspect of daily quests and lack of an end game content.
Acetylide View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Acetylide Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 6:17pm
Basically the "working method" consists of free-to-play & pay-to-win along with microtransactions with a hefty dose of random number generators(RNG) applied to various things in the game(upgrading equipment, crafting, loot drops, loot boxes, etc.). Its all about how many steep exponential progression curves they can put into the game. They don't know their asymptotes from a hole in the ground... If they ever eliminated the "pay-for-power" and cash shops, many of these games, especially the 2nd rate browser games, would disappear rather quickly.

I personally would like to see bigger worlds with more content with a focus on "playing the game" as opposed to "living in the game". When I say "living in the game", I mean being forced to farm a specific dungeon repeatedly to RNG obtain w-amount of component A, then farm another one to RNG obtain x-amount of component B, then RNG craft enough of component C successfully y-amount of times in order to RNG upgrade a piece of equipment z-times; so it becomes a redundant time-consuming second job instead of a game. Nowadays, they go even further and place strict limits on how much you can do each day, regardless of whether or not you're paying for a subscription.
Socializing... Sheesh, I want to game, not spend hours chatting and waiting around before I can accomplish what I logged in to do. This was one of the things I abhorred about Everquest. Even being in the top guild on our server, the raiding absolutely sucked since you spent more time waiting than fighting against mobs...

Anymore its all about eye-candy and how much players are willing to pay for things such as cosmetics, boosts, or perks to ameliorate a game's ridiculous progression curves. Game developers need to get away from the various "free-to-play" scams and start earning their money by upping the quality of their games. Anyone who enjoys the game enough would be more than happy to pay a subscription fee. You can make a game beautiful and all that, but you can do the same with a turd. Of course, no matter how you pretty it up, it will still be a stinking turd.

Hey, if the cost of the server is such a high risk factor, then this is very likely the problem itself. I don't see how they get to the point of investing in a million-dollar server farm and not have a very good idea of how well received their game will be to their targeted customer base. In my opinion, they deserve to fail at that point because they either did a half-@ssed job in the development phases, and/or they refused to listen to their community. Its strange that despite all of these powerful & convenient tools that are available to these game designers nowadays, they don't seem to put much effort in developing the content. They just want to make a quick dollar and then jump on to the next bandwagon.
muppetrat View Drop Down

Quote muppetrat Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 10:49pm
the thing i don't like about MMORPGs are the pay2win things, A lot of MMORPGs just wants to make money like that and they don't care about the game development
 Post Reply Post Reply