Post Reply Post Reply
Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SemperFuzz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote SemperFuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Black Ops Vs Special Deal Costs?
    Posted: 05 Jun 2010 at 4:13pm
When Specin out my Rig Identical features I come up with $ 420.00 Dollars more for the Black Ops.  The only change i see is the warranty for 3 years is Platinum for the black Ops.  I don't see the benefit of of more money since I will not ship my computer back to DS unless it is totally screwed up.  Thoughts ?

My build would be all Air Cooled:

$ 3,826 Black Ops

$ 3,406 Special Deal
Patrick_DS View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Patrick_DS Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Jun 2010 at 4:22pm
@Semper, I had the same dilemna, I had chosne the special deal build w/ the memorial day 4year warranty (2 year parts)... that's 400+ buckaroos you can spend on a whole nother gpu or another monitor... or just more stuff back into your bank accout...
!ender_ View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote !ender_ Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Jun 2010 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by SemperFuzz

I don't see the benefit of of more money since I will not ship my computer back to DS unless it is totally screwed up.

thats what your paying for, insurance

its all up to you and how much you know how to do on your own
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Jun 2010 at 5:32pm
The 'Special Deal's are definitely priced aggressively hence the name behind them.

If you are looking for the best deal, our 'Special Deals' are definitely a great selection.
Natsu View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Natsu Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Jun 2010 at 6:08pm
indeed ill be going with special deals : O
Groupie
Groupie

Quote SemperFuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Jun 2010 at 11:38pm
When's the next Sale Alex?  How about when they Stop that Oil leak you guys can offer a "The BP Oil Leak is Over Finally Over" Sale and drop 200 bucks off all rigs and the stupid news can find something else to Cry about !  Woot !

Edited by SemperFuzz - 05 Jun 2010 at 11:40pm
Groupie
Groupie

Quote SemperFuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Jun 2010 at 11:41pm
Oh Wait that could be Years from now!  What other sales you got coming down the Pipe?  Pun intended
Marcus View Drop Down

Quote Marcus Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Jun 2010 at 2:11am
maybe there will be a summer sale ?
!ender_ View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote !ender_ Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Jun 2010 at 2:22am

stupid news can find something else to Cry about !  Woot !

in efforts to avoid anything that could relate to a political debate, im not going to respond to anything you post in response to this question,

but out of curiosity, are you saying here that they are making a big deal out of nothing with the current oil incident?
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Jun 2010 at 2:58am
We're not planning to offer any lower price sales. Anything that we would offer would be a promotion to increase the value of your purchase.
Groupie
Groupie

Quote SemperFuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Jun 2010 at 3:54am
No but i just Farted and it SMELLS really BAD !
Bullseye View Drop Down

Quote Bullseye Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Jun 2010 at 3:54am
So what if we want a standard warranty but we want LC?? Can't you guys offer better LC for special deals?
JJJJ_Shabadoo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote JJJJ_Shabadoo Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Jun 2010 at 1:19pm
I have to agree that the current setup is very confusing for your customers.

I recently ordered a DS system and the two classes confused me.  I was very unclear what exactly the differences between the two were.  I can build the exact same system for ~$400 difference between the Black Ops and the Special Deals with the only difference being a 2 year difference in the parts warranty (though even this isn't entirely clear as one is labeled 3 year limited warranty and the other 3 year platinum).  It made me wonder if A) Substandard parts or build quality were being used in the Special Deals systems or B) You were trying to take advantage of the hardcore user by charging an inordinate amount more for the Black Ops systems, which felt shady to me.  This seeming discrepancy actually gave me pause before placing my order.

I would personally recommend either:
A) Putting all of your parts/builds/warranty options onto a single page.  If I want to build a cheap, lower end system with a lower level warranty, I'll pay less.  If I want to build a higher end system with a platinum warranty I'll end up paying more.  If I want a lower end system with a platinum warranty, I'll pay in-between. Etc.

B) More solidly differentiating between your two classes.  Spell out exactly what the difference is between the Black Ops and Special Deals systems (other than "it's cheaper").  Make it clear on the Special Deals configuration page that the 3 year limited warranty is actually 1 year parts and 3 years labor (write it out as 1 year parts and 3 years labor, not "3 year limited" - this is somewhat deceptive).

I've seen several threads on this topic so I know I'm not the only one confused by this. 

To add to the warranty confusion, I'd like to point out the following:
If I build a Special Deals system and then click 'Buy Now', the page it takes me to reads "We provide [not "We offer"] a three year platinum care parts & labor warranty with life-time toll-free technical support to protect your investment."
If I just clicked to buy a system with a 1 year parts and 3 year labor warranty, the next page shouldn't read that you are providing me with a 3 year parts and 3 year labor warranty.

Personally, I took the time to research and figure all this out before ordering, but I can see this ending in some upset customers.  I understand that you've been trying to integrate Ballistic's lower prices with Digital Storm's offerings, but the current way of doing it seems sub-optimal.

Right now the conversation about the two classes of systems seems to go something like this:
Q: Why are they called Special Deals?
A: Because they're cheaper.
Q: Why are they cheaper?
A: Because they're Special Deals
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Jun 2010 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by Bullseye

So what if we want a standard warranty but we want LC?? Can't you guys offer better LC for special deals?

We do offer up to the 'Stage 4' liquid cooling system on our 'Special Deals.' Other premium options are saved for the 'Black|OPS' tier.
Bullseye View Drop Down

Quote Bullseye Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Jun 2010 at 1:35pm
Now that's a well written post. That summarizes the confusion that's been going on I think since the forums started!

I'm sure I would spend and extra 800 dollars if you guys would put LC for special deals cos in black ops I pay 1200 in total more so I can't get sound cards or SSDs but   if you guys offer LC stage 6 in special deals it is alot easier.
It'd be great if you guys could do this within the next couple of weeks cos alot of people would love this!!!
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Jun 2010 at 1:36pm
@JJJJ_Shabadoo,

That's some great feedback. I'll see what we can do to simply things.
Bullseye View Drop Down

Quote Bullseye Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Jun 2010 at 1:45pm
Awesome Alex you're the best!!!
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Jun 2010 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by JJJJ_Shabadoo

Make it clear on the Special Deals configuration page that the 3 year limited warranty is actually 1 year parts and 3 years labor (write it out as 1 year parts and 3 years labor, not "3 year limited"

You're right and that is a great idea. At first, we had it clearly written in the 'Warranty Details' (http://www.digitalstormonline.com/warranty.asp) but as you have said, some people may not fully understand. We rather not confuse anyone.

But, you are correct, and we rather make things easier so I have changed the naming of the warranty on our 'Special Deal's to include the the part and labor warranty coverage terms.

Originally posted by JJJJ_Shabadoo

If I build a Special Deals system and then click 'Buy Now', the page it takes me to reads "We provide [not "We offer"] a three year platinum care parts & labor warranty with life-time toll-free technical support to protect your investment."

I'm glad you found this! The page that comes up after you click 'Buy Now' is the same page for all of our products. The content about the platinum warranty were written before we had 'Special Deal's and just to make sure no one gets confused, I've removed that part completely.

In conclusion, @JJJJ_Shabadoo I appreciate your concerns and I feel they were great suggestions and within an hour of your post, we took your advice. Thumbs%20Up

Edited by Alex - 06 Jun 2010 at 2:11pm
Bullseye View Drop Down

Quote Bullseye Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Jun 2010 at 2:28pm
When are the changes going to be made???
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Jun 2010 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by Bullseye

When are the changes going to be made???

Already done.

Originally posted by Alex

I appreciate your concerns and I feel they were great suggestions and within an hour of your post, we took your advice. Thumbs%20Up
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Patrick_DS Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Jun 2010 at 3:04pm
@Alex, Sorry if its not 100% related to the OP, just a small question since we're discussing this topic here. If I had ordered a "special deals" system and later down the road I saved up enough funds for the Stage 6 Dual loop LC, Can I contact DS and have the rig shipped back to get it installed, or am I not able to since I started out with the special deals instead of straight up black|ops?

Thank you in advance...
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Jun 2010 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by Patrick_DS

@Alex, Sorry if its not 100% related to the OP, just a small question since we're discussing this topic here. If I had ordered a "special deals" system and later down the road I saved up enough funds for the Stage 6 Dual loop LC, Can I contact DS and have the rig shipped back to get it installed, or am I not able to since I started out with the special deals instead of straight up black|ops?

Thank you in advance...

Sure, that won't be an issue. You can definitely do that.
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Patrick_DS Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Jun 2010 at 4:04pm
@Alex, thank you sir! Heart
Bullseye View Drop Down

Quote Bullseye Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 2:17am
Thanks Alex you're super efficient!
Groupie
Groupie

Quote SemperFuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 3:21am
Are the special Value Deal Computers made right along side the Black Ops computers by DS or are they made by that Shadow company you absorbed that i read about in here somewhere?  Thanks

And can you put the Forums link on the main web page so we dont have to select a gaming computer to get to the Forums link please?
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 1:09pm

Are the special Value Deal Computers made right along side the Black Ops computers by DS

They are are built, tested, packed, and supported by the same people. It's all under Digital Storm. The same company, the same building, etc..
Groupie
Groupie

Quote SemperFuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 7:47pm
Thanks Alex
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Patrick_DS Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 8:01pm
@Semper, did you order your rig yet sir? I'm eager to see a blue-hued HAF-X
Groupie
Groupie

Quote SemperFuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jun 2010 at 6:21am
no i am waiting to see how your HAF-X looks first ahahah my nuggs are getting Blue Hued just waiting !

Oh man i forgot to add shipping to the value deal Doh !  thought it was all freeeee
Bullseye View Drop Down

Quote Bullseye Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jun 2010 at 7:46am
lol that's annoying!
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Patrick_DS Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jun 2010 at 8:24am
I 'tried' to get free shipping for the value deal but, no dice...

DS is still waiting on the arrival of the HAF-X case for my order.
Bullseye View Drop Down

Quote Bullseye Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jun 2010 at 8:56am
They should be getting it soon
JJJJ_Shabadoo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote JJJJ_Shabadoo Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jun 2010 at 3:01pm
Glad to see that you thought some of my suggestions were helpful and that they were implemented so rapidly.

I do think there is still a lot of confusion in the separation between BlackOps and Special Deals as evidenced by SemperFuzz's question about how/where the systems are assembled as well as his thread at http://www.digitalstormonline.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=11018
Other than the warranty and not having quite as many build options for the Special Deals section, I don't really see the difference myself (other than "they're cheaper").

It is very confusing to customers to see two identical items listed at two different prices.  It again makes the customer question if something is "wrong" with the cheaper item (Is it a substandard part?  Is the assembly/QA process different? etc) or if the higher priced item is a rip off.

I personally feel an integrated, single page customizer (where all your parts and warranty options are listed in one place and the user can assemble any build/warranty combination they want) is the most user friendly option.

At the very least, I think that you need to state explicitly on the Special Deals page what the differences/similarities are between the two classes. Something along the lines of:
"While they don't offer as many high-level customization choices as our premier Black Ops systems, our Special Deal systems are assembled using the same high grade parts by the same highly trained technicians.  Our Special Deals computers all come with a 1 year parts, 3 year labor warranty and, like all of our systems, offer free lifetime telephone support."

I don't mean to harp on this, but so far I'm really impressed with Digital Storm and I want it to be the best company it can.  The current BlackOps/ Special Deals divide confuses me and other customers and I truly believe you guys can do better.

As another aside, you really need to have someone review all of your web pages and make sure they are up-to-date.  I was browsing yesterday and found this page encouraging users to definitely go with Windows Vista in their builds:
http://www.digitalstormonline.com/dslabs/expertfaq.asp#q9

Edited by JJJJ_Shabadoo - 08 Jun 2010 at 3:04pm
Groupie
Groupie

Quote SemperFuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jun 2010 at 4:53pm
Well Stated JJJJ thank you.  Hopefully DS will take some immediate action to clarify for all.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jun 2010 at 5:10pm
As of right now, the two sections have different pricing and we can't integrate any other way for now. I understand the level of confusion it could bring, we'll perhaps find a solution down the road. As of right now we don't have the resources to do any immediate massive modifications. For now, we haven't had a lot of feedback from potential customers stating they were confused about the two.

Thank you for the heads up on the Vista thing, and we've updated our FAQ on that section.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>