BlackMagic Design Intensity Pro

Post Date: 2010-04-28

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ablahblah View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ablahblah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: BlackMagic Design Intensity Pro
    Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 12:32am
Might be getting one and using it as an AV input card for a computer later on. it's going to be handling a lot of disc media and maybe USB media, anyways, its in general discussion. its also going to do some live recording of A/V, hence this card.

the main problem I have here is about the BlackMagic Design Intensity Pro. I've heard it requires Quicktime to even work right, and that it doesn't work on Windows 64-bit. I'm going to be installing Windows 7 64-bit, is Quicktime gonna work on that? It's working fine on my x64 Windows 7 Ultimate here at home, installing home edition on this PC rig. Also, i've heard some people saying you need a HDD array to directly record to, is this true? Or can i just use it as a capture card?

Edited by ablahblah - 28 Apr 2010 at 12:35am
R4D4RPR00F
Core i7 920 @ 3.9Ghz
Asus Sabertooth X58
EVGA GTX 570
Mushkin 6GB 1414Mhz
Ace Of Death View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Ace Of Death Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 11:15pm
I have this card and I love it.  You dont need quicktime for it to work so thats a lie.  It comes with a good capturing program, but you can use ne other that your a fan of.  If you dont have a fast HD like a rapter or something your gonna need an Array to record uncompressed videos cause the files are HUGE!!!!!!!  but they are exactly what you see on the screen.  A basic raid 0 arry is easy to setup and it works fine.  I have a 300 GB vraptor it works great for me.  It also records a compressed version that looks good too and can be uncompressed to a good quality as well.  so there you go i hope that helps.  Its a great card for sure
Fearnot View Drop Down

Quote Fearnot Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 3:53pm
Yes quicktime works on Windows 7 64bit, have it on my IBUYPOWER right now, been working fine since I got it
 Post Reply Post Reply