FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bluetooth Mouse Keeps Disconnecting In Win 10

Post Date: 2019-12-17

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Dannwt2 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Dannwt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Bluetooth Mouse Keeps Disconnecting In Win 10
    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 11:02pm
Hello Friends,

Bluetooth mouse keeps disconnecting in Windows 10, any idea how can I get it resolved?
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 8:52pm
Welcome to the forum Dannwt2!

I kinda doubt it's a Windows issue. Wireless (radio) battery powered stuff is never as good nor as trouble free as wired....
The resulting connections are always of variable stability, are easily interfered with by signals of other devices, and in your case disconnecting often.

Suggestions for dealing with WiFi & Bluetooth (2.4 gHz) interference:

Place Bluetooth devices that are connecting to each other closer together. Place WiFi device closer to your WiFi router.

Avoid using your wireless devices near common sources of interference, such as power cables, microwave ovens, fluorescent lights, wireless video cameras, and cordless phones.

The weak mouse radio or antenna of a particular wireless unit could also be the issue...You could try replacing the mouse with a different model wireless unit and see if that performs any better.   
Alci View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Alci Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Dec 2019 at 6:06am
I've had this problem too. Things to try. Place the dongle closer to the device. Maybe your keyboard has a USB port. Change your router channel. I had to follow that route. I liked my wireless mouse, but it never worked as well as my wired one. I ended up just getting one of those springy things to hold the mouse cable off the desk and discovered I preferred this option the best.
 Post Reply Post Reply