FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bolt 3

Post Date: 2017-01-19

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Civilian View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Civilian Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Bolt 3
    Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 8:13am
Hello,

First off, thank you for all who can help me with this. I'm a bit picky about the aesthetics of my rig, so I have a few questions hopefully the community can help with.

Had a few issues with my new Bolt 3. Not really happy with the cosmetics and the fact the LED light cable was pinched so bad behind the CD Rom tray it severed. Anyways, It looks like a Christmas tree inside with all the lights...maybe this will change when a new LED cable arrives...maybe not.

First, I failed on the white fluid for the reservoir because it still glows pink on the end after a week and looks ugly. Also, the reservoir "holder" looks ugly to me and not what it looked like in any of the pictures. I had to go to a local plastic retailer and have them cut me some black acrylic to hide the whole mess for now.

Questions:

- Can I replace the reservoir cover/holder without messing anything up? What would I use, which brand etc?
- Can I disable the LED's above the chamber? I like the LED on the CPU cooler..that looks awesome. I think the LED's above the reservoir are helping with the pink glow.
-Never flushed a reservoir and changed the fluid color...guessing this isn't easy or recommended?

Thanks for any help you can give me

bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 1:03pm
The Bolt Pro cooling is the Swiftech unit, probably the h220.    

I think the LED for the reservoir has the connector behind the reservoir, on the blind side, behind right side cover.
Civilian View Drop Down

Quote Civilian Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 1:22pm
Thanks! Are there any instructions on changing the fluid? Not sure white is doing it for me. Is there also a way to change the LED colors?

Thanks
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 1:33pm
Changing the fluid is probably, I have no hands on, removing the unit because the fill port is on the right side of the reservoir.   Most water cooling loops drain by removing the lowest hose connection so the CPU and gpu water blocks can drain.   Then a flush with distilled water before refill.   The hybrid all in one Swiftech can probably be drained the same way, but the fill port needs access to.

Not sure about led colors. Either DS or googling Swiftech h220 might get you the answer.   I'm not at my pc right now, so don't have the info.

bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 1:40pm
Here's a link reviewing the h220...,,

http://proclockers.com/reviews/cooling/swiftech-h220-x2-cpu-liquid-cooler-review?nopaging=1

Looks like the connection block in the back has a color changing switch, if I read it right.   
Acetylide View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Acetylide Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 2:23pm
Regarding your LED lighting, there's only 2 options for your particular system(unless you custom ordered something else): the RGB LED lighting that comes with a remote control or Digital Storm's RGB LEDs which is controlled internally via software and requires the airflow control upgrade. Most LEDs are cheap and not really ideal if you're trying to produce strictly white lighting.

You need better quality LEDs or a more expensive lighting scheme if you're planning on going with a white-lighting color. Also, keep in mind that light traveling through a medium will be altered and can be more pronounced when its coming from cheap LEDs using RGB to reproduce "white".

I personally do not have much of a taste for LED lighting in a case because it can be distracting, especially bright LEDs in such a small case.
Civilian View Drop Down

Quote Civilian Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 3:19pm
Thanks for all the replies, I'll check all this out when I get the replacement LED strip and open it all back up again. If I can just shut off the reservoir LED that would work. I'm also looking at just getting some dark smoked acrylic cut...that might mellow everything else.

I'm trying to figure out how to hide the reservoir without making the setup look junky, but I'm not sure there's a solution there.

Thanks everyone
charles024 View Drop Down

Quote charles024 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 5:45pm
Hellow guys i just want to ask where can i buy the bolt 3 tower i just want the case if its possible?
Civilian View Drop Down

Quote Civilian Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 7:05am
It's the Lian Li case modified

Link
Bolt 3 Case
 Post Reply Post Reply