FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bolt Build Received.

Post Date: 2019-11-06

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bwceyar View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bwceyar Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Bolt Build Received.
    Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 12:41pm
Received my bolt build a couple weeks ago. Overall, this thing blew away my expectations performance wise as well as aesthetically. It was built and delivered within the time-frame they said it would.

The only negative things I have to say are as follows: It arrived with a motherboard screw missing, and whoever installed the components clearly didn't wear gloves, and left enough fingerprints and smudges on the GPU waterblock/plumbing lines to be able to submit a fingerprint id profile lol... Was kind of a bummer being stoked to open up my 3k+ build finally and seeing fingerprints all over it and having to clean it, but it is what it is.

HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 6:08pm
Welcome to the forum bwceyar ! Congrats on the new rig..    Hope it performs great for you.

Sharp looking Bolt X.   Make very certain that the missing mobo mounting screw is not loose somewhere inside that case....you don't need any shorts.   

Reviews like this will help to improve DS production & QC details when they look at your customer input.   
FYI...DS keeps QC exit photos of each build so they can eliminate questions about rig condition when it left DS, as shipper caused damage is not unusual.   
Be interesting to see if they can spot the screw installed on that corner or not...shipping can jar things loose.    
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 11:09pm
Thank you for sharing the images.
Awesome

I cannot imagine what jarring knocked a screw loose. My system came with a memory stick bouncing around the case and another half way out (and shipped in a pallet!) but loose screws..... more than likely never installed.
Enjoy. Big%20Smile

ThePinkGoat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote ThePinkGoat Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 12:07pm
What is your plan for changing the fluid when the time comes?

Where do you disconnect and drain from in this build?

I'm also curious about what hardware monitor says about your GPU temps after playing for an hour or so?

Thanks for any feedback you might have.
dANGLICO View Drop Down

Quote dANGLICO Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 8:21pm
Looks great!

Sad to hear about the missing screw. I hope it isn’t loose somewhere win the case where it can cause more problems!

It truly is a bummer to hear the system was shipped dirty and all printed up. Hopefully this leads to a little post production, pre shipping cleaning for all future orders! I’m sure everyone is excited to see a brand new machine!

I ordered a Bolt X myself. It’s on its way now, unfortunately I have to finish out another month overseas before I can meet it.

Very interested to see how your feel about the rig once you get some games in! Imagine it looks great all lit up!

Edited by dANGLICO - 15 Nov 2019 at 8:22pm
"In absence of orders go and find something to kill." Field Marshal Erwin Rommel.

Capt J
 Post Reply Post Reply