FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Booting Straight to Bios. Tried All In Boot Order

Post Date: 2019-07-15

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
NamelessJae View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote NamelessJae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Booting Straight to Bios. Tried All In Boot Order
    Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 7:34pm
Just got my Nova laptop today and its been great until it crashed 2 hours ago and now only boots into bios. I tried all the boot orders to hard disks etc, nothing is working. Any help?

Edited by NamelessJae - 15 Jul 2019 at 9:06pm
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 9:04pm
Bummer...Brand new Nova....

You really need to contact DS Support so they note the problem and figure out what you need to get it back up.    You’re under full DS warranty, so they need to know about this.

Quote NamelessJae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by HockeyBuck

Bummer...Brand new Nova....

You really need to contact DS Support so they note the problem and figure out what you need to get it back up.    You’re under full DS warranty, so they need to know about this.

Ill be calling first thing tomorrow. Im on the east coast so it sucks I have to wait until 12pm for them to open.

Also, I had two M.2s installed. Bios was reading both, now its only reading the secondary storage.

This absolutely sucks as Imgoing on vacation in less than a week and was really hoping on bringing this. Looks like its going back to DS. Super let down.

Quote NamelessJae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 9:17pm
Update; It randomly will read both SSDs from time to time, but not all the time. Also, its now booting to just a black screen.

I might just ask for a refund. Not a good taste after just a few hours of use.

Edited by NamelessJae - 15 Jul 2019 at 10:27pm
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 11:52pm
It's still pretty new in the lineup...I'm sure they will want you happy and very satisfied...whatever you decide to do.   Hang in there...maybe they can make this fast for you.   
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 1:40am
You  have 60 days for free shipping so don't delay. In new electronic system things will go downhill quickly or function normally for a long time. Unless its some software glitch you want that part changed. Disappointed
Keep us posted.

Edited by hoserator - 16 Jul 2019 at 1:42am

Quote NamelessJae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 7:04am
I think it’s either the hard drive winodows is installed on or the MB. It’s not reading one of the hard drives at all now in bios. Not happy with this machine at all.

Edited by NamelessJae - 16 Jul 2019 at 8:06am

Quote NamelessJae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 8:05am
UPDATE

So, I tried 2 separate M.2s and it won’t see them. I also switched around the HDs to see if it may be the bay. It’s not. It won’t read the Windows 1TB drive but the secondary 500GB is read fine in both bays. How do I get it to read my primary drive in bios again? I reset bios so I’m thinking it’s my fault at the moment haha. I would mind reinstalling windows and wiping the drives as well but the provided USB is not working nor is ones I created myself. Any help?

Later on edit... Both SSDs are now working. Still can’t boot into the correct one though. Awaiting a call from DS.

Edited by NamelessJae - 16 Jul 2019 at 10:24am
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 3:44pm
Usually, there is a setting in the BIOS that you need to set to boot from a specific type of M.2 drives. If you still have not heard from our team, please email me below with your order information so I may look into what's going on:

[email protected]

Quote NamelessJae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by Alex

Usually, there is a setting in the BIOS that you need to set to boot from a specific type of M.2 drives. If you still have not heard from our team, please email me below with your order information so I may look into what's going on:

[email protected]

Just got off the phone with Dexter. Seems that my 1TB M.2 was faulty. It was messing with the 500GB M.2 as well. We got it up and running. Going to send it out and get a new one sent to me.

I did download the drivers and software from the My Account page as I reinstalled windows but it seems to be lacking the Game Center software to overclock and RGB stuff. Can you link me to that download? I’ll email you if need be as well.

Thanks a bunch and thanks to Dexter for saving the day! A+ everyone.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 4:25pm
Glad to hear!

I would reach out to Dexter from our team for the software link, I have no clue.
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 3:40am
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 6:11am

Glad to hear!

I would reach out to Dexter from our team for the software link, I have no clue.

Get out your red pens and your calendars, kids. Yesterday, the 16th of July, 2019 CE we learned that there is something about Digital Storm that Alex does not know.

I think I'm scared.

Quote NamelessJae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 7:05am
Originally posted by Snaike

Glad to hear!

Get out your red pens and your calendars, kids. Yesterday, the 16th of July, 2019 CE we learned that there is something about Digital Storm that Alex does not know.

I think I'm scared.

HAHA! WAIT? Did the Digital Storm noob stump Alex? NICE! I still haven’t found the link but I did reach out to Dexter as well as sent a message and asked the forum. Apologies for the multiple postings everywhere. Stinks my keyboard is stuck on OFF for the time being.    
KKrusher View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote KKrusher Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 9:18am
Hey NamelessJae...can I ask a question? You had a link to software / drivers on your My Account page? Where exactly are you referring to? I am curious as I had to reinstall windows a while back for my new rig and I was not aware of a handy location for links / drivers...

Thanks,
KK
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 9:42am
Hi KKrusher,
You can find it under Support>My Account and fill out your order number and required details.
I don't remember seeing drivers there but haven't visited in a while. At the time I was only looking for the software for DS' Control Center.
Big%20Smile

Edited by hoserator - 17 Jul 2019 at 9:42am

Quote NamelessJae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 10:23am
Originally posted by hoserator

Hi KKrusher,
You can find it under Support>My Account and fill out your order number and required details.
I don't remember seeing drivers there but haven't visited in a while. At the time I was only looking for the software for DS' Control Center.
Big%20Smile

Sadly, it’s not in there. Drivers are in there but not the game center

Quote NamelessJae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 10:45am
Originally posted by KKrusher

Hey NamelessJae...can I ask a question? You had a link to software / drivers on your My Account page? Where exactly are you referring to? I am curious as I had to reinstall windows a while back for my new rig and I was not aware of a handy location for links / drivers...

Thanks,
KK

If you go to DS dot com and go to the support drop down on top, youll see my account. Click that. Input your order number, first and last name, and youll see some options. One being driver and software downloads. Sadly, mine does not contain the needed DS game center app. I looked in every folder. Help? Please? Someone? LOL!
KKrusher View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote KKrusher Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 12:07pm
Thanks for the quick responses everyone. Unfortunately I am not seeing anything like you are describing. I go to Support / My Account and fill in my information...it takes to a new page but the only thing I can do is access troubleshooting flow charts, print my receipt, request RMA and provide feedback. There are no links or options anywhere. Am I doing something wrong?

KK

Quote NamelessJae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 12:10pm

Thanks for the quick responses everyone. Unfortunately I am not seeing anything like you are describing. I go to Support / My Account and fill in my information...it takes to a new page but the only thing I can do is access troubleshooting flow charts, print my receipt, request RMA and provide feedback. There are no links or options anywhere. Am I doing something wrong?

KK
Mine is clearly there but doesnt have what I need sadly. Id contact DS and see if they can help. Im still waiting over here though! LOL.
KKrusher View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote KKrusher Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 12:31pm
I put in my invoice number and name information to get to my account. There are no links to anything there other than what I describe.
Can someone post some screenshots of what I should be seeing?

Thanks,
KK
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 12:44pm
Hi KKrusher,
Went to mine and I have the same as you but since I had also ordered the Hydrolux Control Center, there is a section so called with its various softwares (legacy, latest and USB). Interesting troubleshooting flowcharts.

Maybe the new systems have more. This was a May 2017 order.

Edited by hoserator - 17 Jul 2019 at 12:46pm
KKrusher View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote KKrusher Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 12:59pm
Thanks Hoserator. My order is from end of March 2019. Maybe you are right...only with DS specific parts do they give you a section for specific drivers or software. I have nothing like that in my desktop rig.

Thanks,
KK

Quote NamelessJae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 1:04pm

Thanks Hoserator. My order is from end of March 2019. Maybe you are right...only with DS specific parts do they give you a section for specific drivers or software. I have nothing like that in my desktop rig.

Thanks,
KK

I just got my Nova laptop two days ago. Sadly, one of the HDs was trash. Sending it out to be replaced. Sucks as I cannot find the DS Control Center app. It was called “Game Center” on the factory setup of windows and I was told it was in the download section. Sadly it’s not so I can’t mess with the fans, RGB, etc on my laptop. It’s a needed program and it sucks not having it. DS obviously needs to update the Nova software zip.

Edited by NamelessJae - 17 Jul 2019 at 1:05pm
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 2:12pm
Hi NamelessJae,
Sorry to have semi hi-jacked your post.
If I understand correctly you are sending the Nova back for repairs. Let DS know about the missing software. Someone with a Nova could enlighten us. Big%20Smile

Quote NamelessJae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 3:45pm

Hi NamelessJae,
Sorry to have semi hi-jacked your post.
If I understand correctly you are sending the Nova back for repairs. Let DS know about the missing software. Someone with a Nova could enlighten us. Big%20Smile

No worries brother! Actually, Im not sending back the Nova, just the hard drive. I called in to DS and no one knows where the link is for the Game Center download. Kind of frustrating actually, but, in time, Ill get it. Until then, guess Im stuck with no RBG or turbo boosting to the laptop! UGH!
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 4:59pm
That's one way of knowing where everything is.
If and when you talk to DS, they can direct you on how to enable the turbo boost (or check the manual if one came with it).
Good luck. Big%20Smile

BTW did you check the troubleshooting guides in the Support section for turbo and/or RGB control?
KKrusher View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote KKrusher Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 9:52am
And it was me who kind of hijacked the thread... Sorry about that!

KK

Quote NamelessJae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 10:18am

And it was me who kind of hijacked the thread... Sorry about that!

KK

Bahahaha! OOPS! No worries man! Guess I was getting tired when I replied last night! LOL

Quote NamelessJae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 10:20am

That's one way of knowing where everything is.
If and when you talk to DS, they can direct you on how to enable the turbo boost (or check the manual if one came with it).
Good luck. Big%20Smile

BTW did you check the troubleshooting guides in the Support section for turbo and/or RGB control?

I have emailed a few times and spoke to someone who stated to call them back in a half hour and they would have an answer for me. I did call back, left a VM and its now been 24 hours. I checked everywhere including the manual and the flowcharts, software download, etc. Nothing is helping including DS support. Oh, and  checked in the thumb drive too.

Edited by NamelessJae - 18 Jul 2019 at 10:22am

Quote NamelessJae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 1:25pm
Gave another call to DS and spoke with Kevin. He did his magic and emailed me the Game Center rar file. Imback in action now. Google Drived the app so if anyone needs it, let me know. Gladly share. Thanks DS! Awesome

Quote NamelessJae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 1:31pm
Next question. I plan on being pretty active in the forum. I always love being apart of communities. How do I get a nice little "VERIFIED CUSTOMER" badge on my profile? I need left out! LOL!
Making the Internet, one KB at a time.
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 6:22pm

Whoa I seem to have forgotten how but your name muSt be the SaMe as the order or something like that. Snaike,,,,help  Confused

And welcome to the forum family. Big%20Smile

Quote NamelessJae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 6:34pm
AHHH! Makes sense. We used my wifes card to make the purchase, so the order was under her name technically. RATS! Now I look like a fraud! LMAO. Maybe a mod can help if they get bored. HAHA

Making the Internet, one KB at a time.
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 12:41am
Originally posted by NamelessJae

AHHH! Makes sense. We used my wifes card to make the purchase, so the order was under her name technically. RATS! Now I look like a fraud! LMAO. Maybe a mod can help if they get bored. HAHA

Well, I am bored (working night shift has it's perks) but, sadly, there is nothing I can do.

The Verified Customer badge is predicated on your forum's email address and your ordering email address being EXacT!y the same. What card you use has nothing to do with it.

Just match the email addresses and you'll get the badge. (In my own case I swore up and down that the email addresses were the same until they showed me that I had used a CAPITAL letter in my forum's email but my ordering email was all lowercase... color me embarrassed.)   

Edited by Snaike - 19 Jul 2019 at 12:41am
 Post Reply Post Reply