FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bought a PC last year and what happened now.

Post Date: 2020-08-27

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Dylindavillain View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Dylindavillain Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Bought a PC last year and what happened now.
    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 8:10am
So I bought a computer from Digital Storm one year ago exactly and for 9 months of that year I had ZERO PROBLEMS with the computer it was fast, cool and could play any game I threw at it fine! After the 9 months that’s when the problems came up, when I played DOOM eternal, it would start up and last maybe 30 minutes before a complete freeze in the pc and be forced to restart. Three months go by and it got worse, I couldn’t do basic things like surf the web anymore, I gave up and decided to take apart the pc and see what was wrong. Comes to find out that my CPU pins were mostly bent in the back OMG! I decided to take apart the whole computer and found screws loose as well! Since I’ve already taken apart the pc I decided to just build my own since I was already there. I just wanted to post this review because I feel it is necessary that the people whole build our computers see that they need to be more careful with the parts! Thank you for reading this all of you did, and hope it was informative!

Edited by Dylindavillain - 27 Aug 2020 at 8:10am
Bob100 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Bob100 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 4:18pm
Curious as to why you did not call DS tech support when the problems started at 9 months, when the machine was still under full warranty?
Dylindavillain View Drop Down

Quote Dylindavillain Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 5:07pm
I should of, but when I found out about the problem I wanted to just save up and build my own bc I was always interested but lazy to do so. That’s why I decided for digital Storm bc I was lazy to build a pc :))
Gknerr View Drop Down

Quote Gknerr Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Sep 2020 at 7:21am
Lol so youre saying 9 months of you owning the pc..parts came loose and your pins got bent. Doesn't sound like an issue that came from DS. Thats like saying i bought a new car a year ago and now the glove box falls off...smh
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Sep 2020 at 9:09am
It is a miracle it worked for all of 9 mos. with the cpu pins bent!Whoa
 Post Reply Post Reply