FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Build me a pc

Post Date: 2020-09-24

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Serbiandude View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Serbiandude Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Build me a pc
    Posted: 24 Sep 2020 at 5:07pm
Im looking to order a build within next month or so
Budget is 3.5k
Running an Alienware 34awdw18 monitor
Would love a 3080, so what cpu should i pair it with, this is a gaming pc only! FPS games mostly
So basically im asking what CPU,Motherboard, power supply should i go with, is it possible with that budget... they seem to be pricing the 3080s hella high on here ....... not sh*tting on them lol, they built my current setup with the 1080ti and ive had nothing but great times with it in last 2+ years
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Sep 2020 at 3:58am
Your budget presents no problems. You can spend up to $3800 and get $300 off. On that monitor, I believe you would get a perfectly fine result with the soon-released RTX 3070. We have had several members here with that monitor report very solid framerates and happy results with the 2070. The 3070 is 60%(!) faster according to Nvidia. A bit stronger than a 2080 Ti. It is clear it would produce top frames at highest settings.

A 3080 is in your budget, but is really designed for 4K. There is no problem posed by such a powerful GPU as far as the other parts are concerned. The functions are quite distinctly different for the most part, and a 3080 on that monitor will never have to work very hard.

I don't have a dog in this hunt. I just know that a 10700K is overpowered for any gaming you may do with it for the next several years. I can't imagine how it would falter in any way as a gaming proc for as much as 6-8 years or more if it lasts, and they often do. Gaming benchmarks reveal the 10900K is a whole 1-2% better for an extra $172. The two extra cores/4 threads do nothing for games. But again, it's in the budget.

I think the Asus Tuf or the MSI Gaming Edge are fine boards, but you may prefer to step up here as well. It's in the budget. Do some research and see what you think.

32Gb of RAM is a no-brainer, and all-SSD storage is in reach. Be sure to get a NVMe M.2 for your primary drive. I prefer a half TB one so it remains lean and mean, but you could always get a larger one and partition it.

My thoughts and strong desire not to waste money leads me to a build like this one:

Config # 3412745   

It would run you around $3200 after discount. I subbed in the 2070 for the 3070 as it's not available yet, but should be soon. I suspect it will price out nearly the same. I threw in a Maximus Hero board. If you want to insist on the 3080, that exact build would run you $3488.

Hope it helps.
Serbiandude View Drop Down

Quote Serbiandude Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Sep 2020 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by Cretae

Your budget presents no problems. You can spend up to $3800 and get $300 off. On that monitor, I believe you would get a perfectly fine result with the soon-released RTX 3070. We have had several members here with that monitor report very solid framerates and happy results with the 2070. The 3070 is 60%(!) faster according to Nvidia. A bit stronger than a 2080 Ti. It is clear it would produce top frames at highest settings.

A 3080 is in your budget, but is really designed for 4K. There is no problem posed by such a powerful GPU as far as the other parts are concerned. The functions are quite distinctly different for the most part, and a 3080 on that monitor will never have to work very hard.

I don't have a dog in this hunt. I just know that a 10700K is overpowered for any gaming you may do with it for the next several years. I can't imagine how it would falter in any way as a gaming proc for as much as 6-8 years or more if it lasts, and they often do. Gaming benchmarks reveal the 10900K is a whole 1-2% better for an extra $172. The two extra cores/4 threads do nothing for games. But again, it's in the budget.

I think the Asus Tuf or the MSI Gaming Edge are fine boards, but you may prefer to step up here as well. It's in the budget. Do some research and see what you think.

32Gb of RAM is a no-brainer, and all-SSD storage is in reach. Be sure to get a NVMe M.2 for your primary drive. I prefer a half TB one so it remains lean and mean, but you could always get a larger one and partition it.

My thoughts and strong desire not to waste money leads me to a build like this one:

Config # 3412745   

It would run you around $3200 after discount. I subbed in the 2070 for the 3070 as it's not available yet, but should be soon. I suspect it will price out nearly the same. I threw in a Maximus Hero board. If you want to insist on the 3080, that exact build would run you $3488.

Hope it helps.

ah, sorry took a min to get back to this, and to figure out how to load up config lol, top right
This build seems about perfect honestly. I will wait to see what happens with the 3070s, and AMD aswell i guess since they should be announcing their cards farely soon
Thank you
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 4:20am
Glad to help.
 Post Reply Post Reply