FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Building and Financing a PC with DigitalStorm

Post Date: 2020-05-03

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Kenth2 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Kenth2 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Building and Financing a PC with DigitalStorm
    Posted: 03 May 2020 at 3:39am
I’ve been a console player since the beginning of time (roughly 20 years). With cross platform gaming online becoming the new normal, I’m finally ready to make the leap to PC. There’s a few problems I’m facing and I’d assume it’s okay I ask a few questions.

I have no idea what to include for what I need when building a PC. Is the pre-built Lynx desktop good enough to run CoD, Rocket league, Siege, Minecraft, etc. ?

My credit isn’t great so I don’t know if I’ll get approved for financing through “Bread” on DS. Does anyone have experience getting approved through them and have an idea what the credit score requirement might be?

*im confident I can afford the PC. Maybe even within the 6 months 0% range.

3. Should I include the Asus monitor and DS RGB Keyboard and Mouse through them or buy that separately?

I’d really appreciate any guidance/advice from the community, particularly people who’ve bought with DigitalStorm, or are familiar with their products.

Thanks!

... removed spam hyperlink ...

Edited by Snaike - 27 Sep 2021 at 2:59pm
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 May 2020 at 4:31am
The monitor defines what's "good enough" in gaming. The Lynx line, especially the Level 3 and 4, with their RTX cards is a very strong bargain for a solid gaming rig.

If you want to game on a 1440p monitor, you will need the Lynx Level 4 for solid performance. The RTX 2070 GPU is the best price/performance pick for 1440p (2560x1440) resolution. You may well be able to save a few bucks looking online.

If you really want to save, set your sights a little lower on a 1080p monitor. That's what you are used to on a high-def TV. It's what I've been using for the last 10 years. The Lynx Level 3 will play on that very well, and a good panel in 1080p res can be had under $250. you might have a look at this one:

https://www.asus.com/us/Monitors/VP248QG/

IMHO the DS offered keyboard and mouse set-ups look fine for getting into the new gaming format.

Sorry, I can't project what Bread will do. At the time, I was able to spread my purchase over 3 months with no interest, and I found them very easy to deal with.

Hope it helps.
Kenth2 View Drop Down

Quote Kenth2 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 May 2020 at 4:35am
thanks for you're response! it's really helpful.
smfcpa View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote smfcpa Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 May 2020 at 10:46pm
Bread gave me an instantaneous response on my purchase. I would spec out what you want and then see what they say. I have my credit report blocked on all three credit reporting services. I unblocked it on the one they wanted and once approved, I reinstituted the block. Can't be too careful.
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 May 2020 at 5:01am
Originally posted by Kenth2

thanks for you're response! it's really helpful.

Thank you, it's a pleasure. Please keep us posted how you decide, and how it goes with Bread.
 Post Reply Post Reply