FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Buy cheap video card for computer

Post Date: 2018-09-13

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tuoidv View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote tuoidv Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Buy cheap video card for computer
    Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 12:26am
Buy cheap video card for computer
Currently I am building a new gaming program that I plan to buy a card in my computer. The machine configuration is 478936. I want to buy a cheap video card that features can bring good performance on the 50-inch screen at the basic 1080p (1920x1080) resolution.
do i need some suggestions?
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 1:43am
I don’t understand the question?   That’s a 10 year old configuration with unavailable parts.      

What’s it used for and the budget ?

We need more info.

Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 8:39am
@ bprat: I think that's the rig he has and wants a video upgrade. About early to mid 2011 I think.

OP: the problem you have is that your whole rig is marginal. Your very best and cheapest solution right now would be to buy the Vanquish level 1 and upgrade the video to a GTX 1060 3GB or 6GB from Amazon. That would have you running every game pretty well for several years to come. It would cost you right around $1000 and be a very good result.

If that's not doable, I can't really think it's the best idea to invest in that card while the RAM and CPU hold you back. I'm thinking maybe an AMD Radeon RX 570 at around $200 would be the place to land if you want to keep that rig going. I admit I'm a little out of my field here, so if anyone else has a better idea, please help.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 1:35pm
Yeah, I read his post a half dozen times and wasn’t sure what he meant.   A new build or just an add-in ?      That’s why I said I didn’t understand.    Plus, budget is a big decider.

To add to Cretae’s response, any good video card like a gtx 1060 for example, will give a huge bump in performance.    The older cpu will hold back stronger cards for demanding games, but any card upgrade will help.

Post Reply Post Reply