Post Date: 2021-09-30

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sniisnii View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote sniisnii Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Buying a Prebuilt
    Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 7:01pm
Hello! I'm considering buying the Lynx "Best" prebuilt, but I was curious about what kind of monitor to get alongside it. I was considering just buying a 1080p monitor but was wondering if that would be fine or if I should consider investing in a larger resolution. I'm not picky, but I am also very clueless. I do care about performance and would like to know if that would be of any impact at all.

For reference, I wanna be able to play games such as Elder Scrolls Online, Fallout 76, Skyrim, Outer Worlds, and Mass Effect on it. I love playing MMORPGs with friends, so that's my topmost priority. I also use Photoshop for editing graphics and digital art. Overall, I think I'm more or less looking for validation on my choice haha

Thank you! (:
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 3:26am
Lynx "Best" is built for a 1440p monitor experience. The RTX 3070 is the ideal card for that res. Go for one that refreshes up to 144Hz or more. At maximum settings, many games you play will give you framerates up in that area. Most games will rise above 100 fps, and none I'm aware of will fail to achieve over 60 fps. You can go above 27" size to a wide-screen with no worries.

The RTX 3070 is often judged to be a strong competitor in most ways to last gen's top card, the 2080 Ti. It's a very good deal in this model build.
 Post Reply Post Reply