FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Buying First Gaming PC

Post Date: 2016-12-19

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MeganElisabeth View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote MeganElisabeth Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Buying First Gaming PC
    Posted: 19 Dec 2016 at 9:09pm
I'm looking for the best gaming pc $1500 and under. Yes, I've seen stuff about building my own but there is absolutely no way I could do it and also through even trying to build my own online starts becoming way more expensive than the sale prices of premade ones with the same specs. There is also nowhere local to build it for me. So I am set on this. How do I choose? Is there a site like rtings.com does for tv's? Looking for a pc to use my 55" 4K as the monitor. Are i********* or C******** decent company/computer? I'm finding the best prices for these brands so I can either get a more expensive name brand one (MSI/Asus) with lesser specs or one of the former above listed brands with better specs. I'm definitely wanting GTX 1080 and i7. I am split on getting a laptop that isn't caught up with how the desktop are because that's all I've ever known for gaming and writing. I really want to use my 4K tv screen for the moniter but am concerned it will stretch the image and make it blurry? Can you change the size a game is on the tv screen through the laptop? That's my only concern. Otherwise I know the desktop is the absolute best option. Any and all advice is more than welcome and extremely appreciated!

Edited to remove competitor's names

Edited by Snaike - 20 Dec 2016 at 2:11am
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Dec 2016 at 2:18am
Hello MeganElizabeth and welcome to the DS forums.

The smarter builder types will be along soon to help with your questions. I can say that running at 4k with the 1080 and i7 will more than likely push you beyond your stated budget.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Dec 2016 at 2:41am
It is tough giving you a build ith an i7 and gtx 1080 for under $1500.   You could go to about $1600 and get the Vanquish Best, level 3, with the gtx 1070.    This will play at 4K but not at the highest settings.   4K gaming at higher settings means going to an sli rig, meaning 2x gtx 1080, or waiting for the 1080ti early next year.    

A 1070 will give decent gaming just not at high settings and 60 fps with some of the more demanding games, like Crysis 3, etc.

Post Reply Post Reply