FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Can't Connect to Internet

Post Date: 2016-01-11

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Lateralus46 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Lateralus46 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Can't Connect to Internet
    Posted: 11 Jan 2016 at 11:17am
Hey guys, just got my Vanquish 4, works great so far... however I can't set up my wifi connection for the life of me. I've always had bad luck when it came to setting up connections anyhow. I installed the driver for my wifi adapter (been using it in the same spot for some time now with my old computer) and it connected fine, but when I went on Edge to test it out, no page would load. I tried diagnosing it and it just told me that the DNS server isn't responding. I tried messing with the DNS settings a bit like I've read online, but that does nothing (changing it from automatically detect to a specific server).

Can you guys help me? Cause right now I can't do anything with this system until I can get it online, and this is beyond frustrating!

Quote Lateralus46 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Jan 2016 at 11:19am
Also, just for clarification, I tried using chrome, and it couldn't connect either, so I doubt it's just Edge or any sort of browser issue, and my wifi works fine for everything else, so it's an issue with some setting on the computer.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Jan 2016 at 11:26am
I don't do much with WiFi troubleshooting, never had to.   Lucky I guess.

What WiFi adapter do you have?     If its a USB then try a different USB port, especially USB 2.0 if its in a 3.0.

Make sure you have the the driver for your OS, Windows 10 in this case I'm assuming.

Quote Lateralus46 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Jan 2016 at 11:37am
Well I have to thank you, it was the USB, I had been using the one for my SSD I believe (3.0 I'm assuming), and it wasn't recognizing the first wifi adapter I tried(older 2.0 usb). I was able to install it successfully upon changing the ports Well at least it wasn't something more complicated!

'
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Jan 2016 at 11:43am
Nice. StrongBig%20Smile

Dang USBs will get you every time.  Hahaha

Enjoy.
 Post Reply Post Reply