Post Date: 2021-12-24

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jaxh19 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jaxh19 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Can't start computer
    Posted: 24 Dec 2021 at 4:55pm
When I start my computer I get by the msi logo screen and then it goes to a blue screen that reads "unmountable boot volume" as the error. When I surfed online and found possible problems with windows 10. it said that I can use the windows 10 trouble shooting option, but as of right now I don't know how to get there before getting to the blue screen
Jaxh19 View Drop Down

Quote Jaxh19 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Dec 2021 at 4:57pm
Last thing I was doing was watching YouTube and the computer just reset out of no where
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Dec 2021 at 4:43am
You'll want to start windows in safe mode if you can.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode-in-windows-92c27cff-db89-8644-1ce4-b3e5e56fe234

Sounds like you need to use the third option "From a black or blank screen". Once you get into WinRE (Windows Recovery Environment), you may be able to find out what's wrong and how to fix it. You may be able to select a Restore Point when the computer was working.

If all fails, you can always call DS tech support, but I would already have your rig booted into Recovery mode when you do. Prolly not a great idea to call until Monday.    If you have been unable to help yourself, you may have to use your DS recovery USB to wipe your drive and make it bootable again, but that may not be necessary. Let DS make that call, I think.   
 Post Reply Post Reply