FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Can we pick brand for GPU?

Post Date: 2021-05-04

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
WhiteMousse View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote WhiteMousse Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Can we pick brand for GPU?
    Posted: 04 May 2021 at 11:48am
So I'm almost sold on getting the Adventum but the customization options are a bit general, which makes me a little reluctant to commit to such an investment.

In a perfect world I'd like to select the brand for things like MoBo, memory and especially the GPU. But I guess I'd be content just knowing what they are.

Is this information available to us?
MrCheetah View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote MrCheetah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 May 2021 at 9:09pm
Not currently because of the supply problems. As you've probably seen:
DIGITAL STORM WILL USE A TOP BRAND NAME GRAPHICS CARD FROM THE LIKES OF ASUS, EVGA, PNY, MSI, ETC...

Not overly long ago, Digital Storm did mention the model they'd be providing (e.g., I recall the MSI Ventus 3X OC at one point), although, now it's just the general statement you see above.

Some of the competitors still do offer specific component selection. However, from experience (e.g., I sought an Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3090 White Edition), it's far from ideal. The already 30-60 day wait times can be exponentially increased -- and those companies will warn you.

Edited by MrCheetah - 04 May 2021 at 9:12pm
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 May 2021 at 12:02am
Welcome to DS. Awesome

You can make requests for specific brand items to be installed in your system and DS will charge you a fee. Apart from a special request, DS will install what they have on hand. They did use to offer a more diverse list of brands for most of the hardware options but sadly this is no longer the case. Its mostly private label now.

If you have special needs or are just looking, give the configurator gurus a chance and see what they come up with. Just post the monitor you are using or plan to use and ......Strong

Enjoy. Smile
WhiteMousse View Drop Down

Quote WhiteMousse Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 May 2021 at 6:23am
I would really like the Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Xtreme. Can they give me a revised total? How would I go about doing this?
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 May 2021 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by WhiteMousse

I would really like the Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Xtreme. Can they give me a revised total? How would I go about doing this?

You're really going to have to ask Digital Storm directly. We're mainly users and fans here on the forums and do not speak for DS. You can email the boss at [email protected] or, IIRC, the Sales Manager is [email protected].

They will have the correct answer to your questions.
 Post Reply Post Reply