FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Carry on bag for Eclipse

Post Date: 2016-06-03

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Glimser View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Glimser Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Carry on bag for Eclipse
    Posted: 03 Jun 2016 at 7:36pm
Hey all! I know that this is a bit of a strange question to ask here but does anyone know of a carry on airplane bag that can fit the eclipse desktop inside? The dimensions of the eclipse are 15" by 14" by 4". Airplane regulations require the sum of bag dimensions to be under 52". I have been doing some searching around myself but am having a little trouble. (trying to find one that is not $200)Thanks for your time!

EDIT:
Here are more specific requirements to make things a little easier.

Maximum dimensions are:

Length - 24" (61cm) including wheels and handles
Height - 17" (43cm)
Width - 10" (25cm)

Edited by Glimser - 03 Jun 2016 at 7:58pm
Acetylide View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Acetylide Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Jun 2016 at 7:05pm
You want to cart a desktop onto a plane? I'm not sure how that will work out for you when it comes to baggage checking. Laptops are one thing, but a desktop is much bigger and heavier, and if you're required to place it in overhead storage, it better fit and be above your "head"(in the event turbulence tosses it out of the compartment). A large enough suitcase should hold it, but you'll need to add some cushioning since it most likely will not fit perfectly and you don't want it bouncing around.

To be honest, you're better off having it shipped to wherever it is you're going. Shipping companies such as UPS & FedEx will properly package it and if it gets damaged, they will fully replace it. Although some things you may need to disassemble and package separately to avoid unnecessary damage(cpu cooler, etc.).

I wouldn't trust the scumbag airlines to handle any of my stuff either. They were rough with my drum kit years ago when I was flying a couple times per year and also stole a bunch of my cassette tapes. Nevertheless, in this present age, I would look for shipping alternatives if I needed to transport a desktop where it involved flying. Trying to bring something like that on board a plane could potentially cause more "headaches" simply due to the security risks. I haven't flown in the past 10+ years, but I'm willing to guess that they might not let you bring that on board. You're best bet is to contact the airline company and ask them.
 Post Reply Post Reply