FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Case Fan Control

Post Date: 2020-12-10

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Mekerek View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Mekerek Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Case Fan Control
    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 6:14pm
I have a Velox case purchased from DS. I have 3 fans on front and 2 on top and 1 in rear of case. How can I control the speed of these fans to ensure I get maximum airflow when playing games. I have a 3090 now and I need to ensure that I am getting maximum pull of air out of the case.

Also how do I confirm which are push/pull in the case?

(If I could control the fans and turn them up to high RPM I could use a tissue or something to tell push/pull)
fwfdfireman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote fwfdfireman Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 6:31pm
Fans are pulling air towards the emblem on the spindle. I have a Velox also, so air in from the front, out through the top and rear. I have the Corsair LL series fans and I can control the fan speed through Corsair's iCue software. If you have the DS fans, you might contact their support to see if there is a way to control fan speed.

You can adjust your 3090 fan curves by going into your bios, if you are familiar with doing that. Your card manufacturer will usually have software available for that also.
Old Gamers Never Die!
Mekerek View Drop Down

Quote Mekerek Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 6:42pm
Thanks for the information. I have Chassis Fans: Corsair ML PRO Series and in iCue I just don't see anything to manipulate more than RGB. I can't set a fan curve or anything. Dashboard only shows 2 fans on the MB and the H115i fans. I don't see any other fans to control.
fwfdfireman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote fwfdfireman Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 12:15pm
Did you have the Corsair Commander Pro installed? That is what will lead to controlling your case fans. If you did, than open iCue, go to the Commander Pro and hit the "Performance" Tab. You should see three presets, "Quiet", "Balance" and "Performance". I had to rotate the "Balanced" to the top of the list to keep it as the ACTIVE profile. Once you highlight that profile, then click on each fan listed to the right.

If you did not get the Commander Pro installed in your build, then I dunno. Maybe someone else might have an answer. You could always research on what it takes to install and set up the Commander Pro from Corsair.
Old Gamers Never Die!
Mekerek View Drop Down

Quote Mekerek Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 5:18pm
This is very helpful. I apparently didn't know to get Fan control I needed to get a PRO instead of just LED controller. I will see what it takes for the PRO to get it and install. Currently I have 2 LED headers out of the corsair controller I got for lighting, I should be able to just replace that with a PRO which also has 2 LED.
 Post Reply Post Reply