FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

case question

Post Date: 2019-06-17

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
*Thomas* View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote *Thomas* Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: case question
    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 5:09pm
Hey all

Not sure if this is the right place to post this question but i am looking at a new build and was curious on two things. I'm currently looking at the velox and was curious on how the air flow is on it? since temps are a bit of a problem in my area right now. and the second question was about the gpu, i'm looking at the 2080 right now and waas curious on if digital storm uses the founders addition of that card or a custom one? any insight would be helpful

hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 5:55pm
Hi *Thomas*,
Welcome back. Big%20Smile
The Velox is a DS proprietary design and the window is on the right side facing the pc. It is very roomy and has excellent airflow.
Don't know what gpu DS is using. You should call them to find out and if interested, what it would cost to get the card you want, if special ordered.
Keep us posted.
*Thomas* View Drop Down

Quote *Thomas* Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 6:51pm
thanks for the reply i will for sure do that... does anyone happen to know how good the 2080 is compared to the 1080 ti rigiht now ? i'v looked it up but got conflicting reports really.
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 4:05am
They are neck and neck as far as pure performance numbers. If you game at 1440p, either card will provide all the overhead you'll need for several years to come. At 4K, they also perform similarly, able to modestly exceed 60fps in almost everything. There's no overhead there, but it's not needed unless you spend $1800 on a monitor.

The 1080 Ti should be ~$100 cheaper if you shop right. One main thing to consider is the Turing architecture (2080) has ray tracing technology and some Deep Learning Super Sampling (DLSS) capabilities built in. There are only 4 or 5 games that even take any advantage of that, and it remains to be seen how many over the next couple of years will bother.

Ray tracing is better than rasterization at portraying lighting effects realistically. DLSS smooths graphics in the same way as anti-aliasing, but better, and with less performance hit. For me, I'm rarely paying attention to these kinds of nuances while I'm trying to acheive my next objective, or just stay alive, lol.

It's a coin flip, with the 1080 Ti being the old vs the new.
*Thomas* View Drop Down

Quote *Thomas* Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 9:58pm
Thanks again for the reply, since digital storm only offers the 200 series now   i guess i will go with the 2080..
 Post Reply Post Reply