Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tummy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote tummy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Cases Twister Pro
    Posted: 11 Sep 2007 at 10:13am

Is it just me or does the Twister Pro case look like it could use a re-design.  The case seems outdated to e.. like one of those old IBM/Dell cases.. Only its black.

Bill the Cat View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Forum Bitch!
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Bill the Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Sep 2007 at 10:34am

I originally ordered a PRO case because it was the most conservative looking of the bunch. I don't like the clear panels, blinking lights and other crap that seems to go along with a gaming machine. It turned out that the PRO was a little tight for the 8800 GTS video cards, so I took the nasty ($200) bump up to an EXTREME, which is kind of conservative looking in its basic black incarnation.

Tyler Lowe View Drop Down

Quote Tyler Lowe Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Sep 2007 at 10:37am

I picked the Pro for my build in part because it has classic lines, and an elegant and simple look to it. The cooling and size aspects needed for the components I have selected, could have been satisfied either at the Lite or Pro level of cases. I was very pleased when the better spec case also turned out to be the one I found more asthetically pleasing.

I may be in the minority, but understatement does more to impress me than alot of flash or gimmick. As long as nothing rattles around or mounts loosely, and the airflow is good, the case looks great to me. I am a *huge* K.I.S.S. fan, and that case delivers.

tummy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote tummy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Sep 2007 at 11:23am
Yea, I dont care much for the lights and flashing cathode tubes etc...  I do however like the additional features in teh front of the case...  Temp gage, Extra USB Ports as well as a cover for the front because my daughter feels the need to press the restart button all the time.

I looked at all the cases and they only offer 2 external USB ports... I really think 2 is not enough
Bill the Cat View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Forum Bitch!

Quote Bill the Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Sep 2007 at 11:50am
Originally posted by tummy

I looked at all the cases and they only offer 2 external USB ports... I really think 2 is not enough

I can't argue with that. Although, from what I've read just getting the standard two actually connected to something, like the motherboard, can be difficult.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Sep 2007 at 10:39pm
That's exactly why we offer different types of cases for different customers and their tastes. Everyone has their taste for styles.
Larry View Drop Down

Quote Larry Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Sep 2007 at 8:43am
Being old fashioned I like the PRO case.  Cooling has been great with this case.  My office at home is small, very small and the PRO case with the Stage 3 cooling keeps the rig running cool and smooth. 
Minion View Drop Down

Quote Minion Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Sep 2007 at 12:08pm
I wanna give my two cents, and give a shout out for support of the Ultra case.
commast View Drop Down
  Quote commast Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Sep 2007 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by Larry

Being old fashioned I like the PRO case.  Cooling has been great with this case.  My office at home is small, very small and the PRO case with the Stage 3 cooling keeps the rig running cool and smooth. 

Same here. I like the Pro and Ultra case for the same reason. Simple, elegant, pleasing to look at and functional.

Post Reply Post Reply