Post Date: 2019-12-30

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mzilli11 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote mzilli11 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Chassis Fan
    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 6:16am
For the last couple weeks my computer has been making a very loud noise. At first I wasn't sure where it was coming from. But I believe I have found that the Chassis fan is making this noise. It sounds like the fan is rubbing against something but I have gone into the case and have found nothing. It usually happens when I am playing a game. I have cleaned it free of dust and it still happens. It is a very loud noise that is hard to ignore but I am not sure what it could be!
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 11:56am
Welcome to the forum mzilli11 !   

Noise from a PC is usually generated by your case fans or your video card fans.   Fans are way important in maintaining proper cooling and airflow, but the bearings can wear out and get noisy... Replacing fans is a pretty easy fix.   They are generally held in place by 4 screws, and have a trailing power cable.    Most case fans will be 120 mm diameter, or 140 mm diameter.    Corsair makes excellent fans you can order online.   
gdead65 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote gdead65 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Dec 2019 at 4:04am
You may want to verify which fan Is making the noise- when I hear a fan going bad (which I have one right now) I gently touch the center of the fan to slow it down to see if the noise abates.

if it increases with game noise- it wont be a chassis fan unless the speed is directed by the motherboard (DS didn't hook mine up the MB..I don't know your config).

Is your PC Air cooled? Water Cooled?
Apollo i7-7700 1070
Ordered: 2-12-17
Stage 1: 2-14-17
Stage 2 & 3: 2-16-17
Stage 4 & 5: 2-21-17
Stage 6: 2-23-17
Stage 7: 2-25-17
 Post Reply Post Reply