FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Competitor holiday special vs. vanquish 4

Post Date: 2015-10-22

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ljfe View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ljfe Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Competitor holiday special vs. vanquish 4
    Posted: 22 Oct 2015 at 5:19am
Im deciding between -------- halloween special A and vanquish 4. -------- has a halloween special for $300 off this pc. digital storm, unfortunately, has a $0 off special. I've been following digital storm for 9 months since the vanquish 2 costed $700. then i saw the vanquish 3 get bumped up to 800 and finally the vanquish 4 at 900 when i am FINALLY ready to biy a PC. thats some aggressive price bumps i would have went for the vanquish 2 in a heartbeat. and it turns out that -------- has this sale with a PC for the same price with better specs. I know the customer service is better at digital storm making it a hard decision. hard for me to justify buying a worse pc for the same price...

Budget:
$900 (strict)

Expectations:
best bang for my buck, 150fps in CSGO or more on whatever settings, good customer service

Usage:
csgo and solidworks

Competitor's name removed

Edited by Snaike - 22 Oct 2015 at 6:38am
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Oct 2015 at 6:16am
Hi ljfe......That's a decision only you can make.   Not sure the specs you're looking at on the other site, but I would carefully compare apples to apples, meaning are they both using brand name, new components with manufacturer's warranty.  Some companies will swap components for cheaper ones after your order.  DS will use various venders for different components but I've never seen them go less quality with the change.    Compare the cpu coolers. as an example,  by Googling each and reading how they are rated.  Same for any other differences between here and there.   

Customer service, in my experience as a 30 year customer rep, is Very important.  A product isn't much good if the service behind it isn't just in case of issues.  I'm not saying the other's service is poor, pretty mixed reviews, but DS will stand behind their builds.  There will always be dissatisfied customers no matter where you go, but that's the nature of the business. 

Good luck. Big%20Smile

Atlas View Drop Down

Quote Atlas Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Oct 2015 at 8:24am
Agree with bpat22. DS transparently uses high quality components and many budget builds sacrifice greatly in that area. It may come down to quality vs. specs for the same price point.

Only you can decide what you are willing to compromise on based on your budget.
Bolt III
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Oct 2015 at 8:51am
Originally posted by bprat22

Hi ljfe.......   

Customer service, in my experience as a 30 year customer rep, is Very important.  A product isn't much good if the service behind it isn't just in case of issues.  I'm not saying the other's service is poor, pretty mixed reviews, but DS will stand behind their builds.  There will always be dissatisfied customers no matter where you go, but that's the nature of the business. 

Good luck. Big%20Smile

+1

DS excels in their service.Strong
ljfe View Drop Down

Quote ljfe Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Oct 2015 at 9:01am
fair enough. what kind of fps am i looking at for csgo all settings low 800x600 with the vanquish 4 level 1? i want to make sure it will atleast be adequate.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Oct 2015 at 9:49am
Here's a link where the gtx 950 is compared to various games, including cs:go.  The graphics card is the main component, usually, when looking for a games fps.  

http://www.lazygamer.net/pc-hardware/nvidia/asus-strix-gtx-950-review-mid-range-merit/
This is the Strix version of the gtx 950, so is a little faster than a reference card, with its overclock, but results should be within 10-20%. 

Looks like, from that tester,  the Vanquish level 1 would give you what you want.  

These fps results are mostly for a 1920x1080p so your 800x600 will perform even better.  In the end, lower resolution with non-oc card might give you very close results.    A guess of course. 

Hope this helps. Big%20Smile

Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Oct 2015 at 10:32am
We would love to have you as a customer.
METALXXMECHANIC View Drop Down

Quote METALXXMECHANIC Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Oct 2015 at 5:25pm
I'm in a similar boat although looking at a 2000 dollar build. The build I really want is about 2400 here. Around 2000 on those other sites and for that same 2000 I can go the DIY route and add a 250 dollar gaming monitor and 100 dollar mechanical keyboard to the mix
I've been self debating for about 2 weeks which way to go.

S seems like a great company and I know I will get quality and service, but at definitely comes at a premium.
 Post Reply Post Reply