FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Computer Not Turning On

Post Date: 2016-11-27

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mynameispizza View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote mynameispizza Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Computer Not Turning On
    Posted: 27 Nov 2016 at 6:03pm
I made a post yesterday about my computer's fans acting up and not functioning correctly. This morning I attempted to turn my computer on, but there was no response. I will begin to look into the warranty shortly, but I was wondering if anyone would have any tips or methods to try to revive the computer temporarily, as I would prefer not to ship the computer as of right now. Thank you.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Nov 2016 at 2:39am
You didn't give us much info, but in general, plug the PC directly into a known good wall outlet, bypassing and surge protector.   Make sure the power supply power switch is toggled On.
If you're getting no lights, fans, etc. then sounds like the power supply. Or, the power on switch is bad, but that's not common. If you can get to the back of the power on switch then short the two wires which is the same as pushing the switch.

Good luck and call DS if still dead.

Edited by bprat22 - 28 Nov 2016 at 2:40am
mynameispizza View Drop Down

Quote mynameispizza Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Nov 2016 at 7:48am
I've decided to just pack it up for shipping because I've had this problem of it not turning on before and some fans are broken so I needed to ship it eventually but thanks for your help.
 Post Reply Post Reply