FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Computer Problems please help

Post Date: 2009-06-29

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
periLous View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 29 Jun 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
  Quote periLous Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Computer Problems please help
    Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 7:35am
Ok so... how do I begin.


Computer

AMD PHEN 2 x4 Black edition 3.0
M4A79 DELUXE mobo
4gig Corsair dominator 800
EVGA 260 GTX STOCK.
750W PSU
Windows XP Home edition.


So when I first built this computer it ran fine... No problems with Counter-Strike Source Call of Duty 5, or Counter-Strike 1.6 Not even Diablo2 or Rappelz etc etc.

Im not sure exactly when this started but i believe it was when I got regcure.

But it does not matter what game I'm in. Every few minutes sometimes its small or large, at random times I get a lag spike. Its not my internet. But out of no where I will freeze for a second.

Iv reinstalled Counter-strike... Updated the video drivers and sound driver. I read somewhere on google it could of been to bad sound drivers.

I am completely lost on the matter. All I know is I cannot play anything effectively because of this.

So why out of no where would my video games start to lag suddenly?

I tried upping the core clock shader clock memory clock, did nothing.
I tried changing the cpu freq with EPU manager that is on the mother board. Did nothing. The ram still reads and all sticks work.

what is the problem? :(


Edited by periLous - 29 Jun 2009 at 7:35am
Back to Top
satsunada View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 21 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 682
  Quote satsunada Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 7:55am
Ok, I suppose I'll start the questioning:
 
1. What are your temps looking like on the CPU?
2. What are your temps looking like on the 260?
3. Was the Regcure registry backup function active immediately after install? If so, have you tried going back to a previous registry build to see if that works?
 


Edited by satsunada - 29 Jun 2009 at 7:55am
Back to Top
periLous View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 29 Jun 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
  Quote periLous Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 7:59am
Originally posted by satsunada

Ok, I suppose I'll start the questioning:
 
1. What are your temps looking like on the CPU?
2. What are your temps looking like on the 260?
3. Was the Regcure registry backup function active immediately after install? If so, have you tried going back to a previous registry build to see if that works?
 


My temps are

CPU: 43 C
GPU: 45 C fan speed 40. Can boost. Direct x10 DDR3. running from 38-45 C at fan speed of 40%.

Yes I did enable the back up registries. and reboot Still the same thing.

Back to Top
satsunada View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 21 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 682
  Quote satsunada Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 8:11am

how long did you have the computer before it started doing this? and how long has it been doing this?

Back to Top
periLous View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 29 Jun 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
  Quote periLous Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 8:17am
its started just a few days ago, and Iv had it about a month.
Back to Top
satsunada View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 21 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 682
  Quote satsunada Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 8:30am
Hmm.. funny that a guy has the exact same problem in another forum with the same GTX 260 GPU. Recommendations over there are to remount the GPU to make sure it's secure, no need to remove power, just confirm it's connected to the mobo right. Using this method:
However i'm beginning to wonder about the 260's now...
Back to Top
periLous View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 29 Jun 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
  Quote periLous Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 9:23am
I did that and it is still the same, Also for some reason when my computer is on there is a electric surge that shocks me when i touch my monitor or a usb port on my case... wth is that?
Back to Top
periLous View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 29 Jun 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
  Quote periLous Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 11:05am
okay, So i did a system restore and it went away... but now im missing all kinds of things for my pc. So i restored it back. That means it obviously had to be either a driver... or regcure?
Back to Top
Kliebor2 View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 22 May 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 659
  Quote Kliebor2 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jul 2009 at 1:45pm
RegCure has a less than sterling reputation, here is what Web of trust has to say:

http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/regcure.com

Another quick find, Maximium PC skeptical also:

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/watchdog/is_regcure_legit

Other hits on googling them has inumerable problems suffered by users.

Ditch RegCure...

CCLeaner is decent and at least reputable. No reason to play with your registry 99% of the time.

Dave Ouch


Edited by Kliebor2 - 01 Jul 2009 at 1:50pm
Digital Storm 950Si - Q9450 Quad Core @ 3 Ghz
Dual PNY OC2 GTX 560Ti
8 Gigabytes DDR2/800
2 Western Digital 500 GB SATAII 7200 RPM HD
Back to Top
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 36758
  Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jul 2009 at 2:07pm
AS KB2 says and you will find many of us say, please don't mess with your registrys unless you have errors and you have to clean your registry. most of the time you have nothing to gain.

CCleaner is reputable but still don't mess with your registrys unless you have to
Back to Top
Sodius View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 613
  Quote Sodius Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jul 2009 at 3:24am
Did the shock thing go away or are you getting shocked?
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down



This page was generated in 7.128906E-02 seconds.