Post Date: 2020-06-10

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
The Holy Chicken View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote The Holy Chicken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Config Help
    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 at 7:19am
I had a build picked out, but while I was saving up to get it DS changed from intel 9th gen to 10th gen and also changed their motherboard options from z390 to z490, so i had to change some things around. My budget is ~2400 bucks, any advice on how i could maybe inprove it would be helpful too!
Chassis
Chassis Model: Digital Storm Lynx

Core Components
Processor: Intel Core i7-10700K (5.1 GHz Turbo) (16-Thread) (8-Core) 3.8 GHz
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus XII Hero (Wi-Fi) (Intel Z490 Chipset) (Up to 3x PCI-E Devices)

System Memory: 16GB DDR4 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro (RGB Light Bar)

Power Supply: 850W Corsair / EVGA / Thermaltake (Modular) (80 Plus Gold)

Storage / Connectivity
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (500GB Seagate FireCuda 520) (NVM Express) (Gen4 PCIe)

Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)

Graphics / Multimedia
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB (VR Ready)

Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio

Digital Storm Engineering
Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Digital Storm Vortex Liquid CPU Cooler (Dual Fan) (Fully Sealed + No Maintenance)

HydroLux Tubing Style: - Not Applicable, I do not have a custom HydroLux liquid cooling system selected
HydroLux Fluid Color: - Not Applicable, I do not have a custom HydroLux liquid cooling system selected
Cable Management: Premium Cable Management (Strategically Routed & Organized for Airflow)
Chassis Fans: Digital Storm Performance Series (RGB Fans)
Internal Lighting: Remote Controlled Advanced LED Lighting System (Multiple RGB Color Modes)

Digital Storm TwisterBoost Technology
Boost Processor: Stage 1: Overclock CPU - Up to 4.7GHz on All CPU Cores

Software
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: USB Drive - Windows 10 Installation (Format and Clean Install)
Virus Protection: Windows Defender Antivirus (Built-in to Windows 10)

Accessories / Goodies

Customer Care
Priority Build: - No Thanks, 6 Week Ship Estimate After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: Life-time Expert Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty (3 Year Labor & 1 Year Part Replacement)

I plan to add a 1-2 TB sata drive in the future but I'm not ordering it with the pc because i dont rlly have the money. Im also probably going to upgrade the gpu in the future, so I added some space for upgradability with the components. The purpose of this build is to light up and run most games at a reasonable frame rate with high graphics settings and 1440p.
John18 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote John18 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Jun 2020 at 8:55am
The single drive will not be enough. You need to add another drive now, whether a 1 TB SSD or 2-3TB HDD.

I would also go Windows 10 Pro.

Code:     3171504

URL:     https://www.digitalstorm.com/configurator.asp?id=3171504
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Jun 2020 at 4:18am
Your build is fine as is. Do you know going over $2000 earned you a $200 discount?

If you put the same parts in a Lumos box it looks like $2405 with the discount if it interests you.

Depending on just how temporary you think the GPU is going to be, you could consider a non-super 2060 and save $78. The performance is only 12% less, and means maybe 100 fps instead of 120 fps at 1080p. Honestly you wouldn't notice. The new line from Nvidia is coming in the Fall.

Getting another SSD later is an easy upgrade. It's a darn fine build as is, just a few mentions.
 Post Reply Post Reply