FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Configuration Cooling Needs?

Post Date: 2020-08-05

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Sinorax View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Sinorax Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Configuration Cooling Needs?
    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 10:19am
Budget:About 5000

Expectations:Run games on high frame rates and quality graphics

Usage: Games (Rainbow Six Siege, Call Of Duty, Apex Legends, SMITE, ARK, etc.) Some video rendering and game design software usage.

Special Needs:

Saved Ticket #: 3297404

Specifications: So I am not experienced in PC needs. I do not know how much cooling this setup will require. Right now the dual fan sealed liquid CPU cooler feels like it may be enough, but I'm not sure. Also depends on how much stress the games I play put on it which again I am not sure how much they would. So any advice on what to do with this setup to ensure that I can play the games I want and play them smoothly all while not melting my PC would be great. Thanks all
John18 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote John18 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 4:38pm
How much rendering? Most games do not do 4K well as far as FPS.

So...

Try this one.

Sinorax View Drop Down

Quote Sinorax Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by John18

How much rendering? Most games do not do 4K well as far as FPS.

So...

Try this one.

Never seen double SSD, what would the be used for?

As for rendering it wouldn't be too much just occasional screen/audio captures as I feel up to it. I doubt I would try to record in 4k for that just because of the sheer storage that drains. And the game rendering as for that as well it is very small boredom projects nothing strenuous I would imagine.

Do you think anymore cooling over the one you have listed would be needed?
John18 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote John18 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 7:42pm
I gave you the M.2 NVMe drive for the boot and for games. It is much faster than a normal SSD.

I gave you the second, traditional, SSD for files and stuff. It will also be fast, but not like the M.2 drive. While they are building your system at this point in time, and considering that I saved you north of $1,400.00, I tossed in one traditional HDD just in case your need space for rendering files that you aren't actively working on. It was only $84.00 and this way it comes powered up and you don't need to add cables if and when you might need additional storage space.

Personally I think you have all the cooling you will need. Now I did need a tech support call for something not temperature-related and while the tech had me we did another torture test of the system and he tweaked the fan profile so that they come on earlier, but it brought temperatures down around 5-6 degrees and I haven't hit 80 degrees since on the i7-9700K with a RTX-2080 SUPER playing games in Ultra or High at 144p and 144Hz at 140+ FPS. So I personally think you are fine, but I don't render.
Sinorax View Drop Down

Quote Sinorax Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 7:51pm
Wow you have been a wonderful amount of help. Thank you tons I will work on implementing your configuration into my build. You rock have an awesome one. Thanks again
John18 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote John18 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 8:04pm
Do yourself a favor though. Go some of the tech sites and read the difference for yourself so that you have a basic idea of what the differences are etc., before you lay out the serious coin. You'll be in a better position to evaluate what folks here suggest to you.
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 4:42am
I'd prefer to know what your video needs are. What kind of monitor are you trying to power? At this particular time, Nvidia may have released the next gen of GPUs before your build would be complete.

When the budget allows for it, I prefer the Samsung Pro NVMe for $68 more than the Seagate. Simple reasons are, the Seagates are new, they are PCIe generation 4 parts that Intel does not support yet, so they are actually not as fast as a Samsung in an Intel build. The Samsungs are the fastest and most reliable PCIe 3 NVMes available. You would never notice the difference, but the Samsung Pro is the better choice.

With your budget, I'd not recommend you stay with the least expensive motherboard. It's not my area of expertise, but I would at least prefer a Z490 chipset. An Asus TUF or MSI Gaming Edge is bound to be better for the long run with better features and more ports/connections.

Edited by Cretae - 06 Aug 2020 at 5:48am
 Post Reply Post Reply