FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Connecting gaming headset

Post Date: 2011-08-01

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Karn View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Karn Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Connecting gaming headset
    Posted: 01 Aug 2011 at 4:00pm
Confused
Hello. I ahve a creative labs sound blaster fatality titanium. Right now I have creative labs 5200 speaker system (5.1) connected to the sound card.  Black , orange and green are connected. All speaker work fine. Now I just bought the Fatality gaming headset MK II ....
Not sure how to connect them and get the microphone to work. Theres two more slots on my souncard for connections. I tried them but no sound and cannot setup the microphone. The gaming heasdset came with no instructions or diagram showing which connections to use. Is it made so I can plug in the two connections from the headset and have the 3 connections from my speaker at teh same time? OR do i have to go behind the PC and unplug the speaker and then plug in the headset each time? It probably real simple but I have brain fart! I could really use some help please. Thank you!
(creative labs site was no help i searched for an hour in the faq and knowledge base but could not get a clear answer) Go to the "how to" and theres no "how to coonect your headset to your pc" just a how to select headphone  and how to care for them but nothing helpful!.......
Karn View Drop Down

Quote Karn Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Aug 2011 at 5:31pm
*update*
I found a diagram. So the connections for the headset are..
1. Line Out 1 jack
2. Line In/Microphone In jack

The green plug from my 5.1 surround speaker connects to # 2. So to use the headset I have to unplug my speakers from the back of the soundcard, for now.
There are extra line in ports on the card so maybe I can get something going here..Confused
I have sound but have not been able to setup the microphone, yet...
WIN7 Ultimate 64
Peace
Dragoonseal View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Dragoonseal Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Aug 2011 at 6:18pm
Does it have optical connections? Does your speaker system have optical connections? If so pick up a cheap optical cable from Monoprice.com to do that, and use the analog/coax connections for the headset.

With both Lilim's case ports and motherboard ports, the orange is for microphone and green for speaker/headset, in case that helps. While trying to figure out which ports to use, and with the headset connected, make sure to right click on the volume icon on the task bar and select Playback or Recording devices, to open the sound control window. Make sure your headset is selected as the default device.
Lilim
Intel Core i7 920 @4.2GHz
HAF 932 - Dual SLI Nvidia GTX 480s
3x Intel X25-M G2 (80GB) SSD RAID0
R.I.P. Sinbad the cat (November 16, 1996 - April 18, 2011)
Karn View Drop Down

Quote Karn Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Aug 2011 at 7:10pm
Hello! Thank you for replying! My speakers are too old to have optical connections. My soundcard is this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829102019
and my headset is this.

They are supposed to work together but so far not the case. Thanks!
RiceEatin2000GT View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote RiceEatin2000GT Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 1:29am
Originally posted by Karn

*update*
I found a diagram. So the connections for the headset are..
1. Line Out 1 jack
2. Line In/Microphone In jack

The green plug from my 5.1 surround speaker connects to # 2. So to use the headset I have to unplug my speakers from the back of the soundcard, for now.
There are extra line in ports on the card so maybe I can get something going here..Confused
I have sound but have not been able to setup the microphone, yet...
WIN7 Ultimate 64
Peace

based on what ive seen this is the only way to do it unless you do what dragoon said and have one or the other hook up through optical. Dragoon is using onboard audio so don't plug anything into the motherboard.

Edited by RiceEatin2000GT - 02 Aug 2011 at 1:34am
Karn View Drop Down

Quote Karn Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 5:29pm
*update* The fix was to unplug my speaker system and use the headset only. The thing that fixed everything for me including getting ther microphone to work, was to go into the creative labs speaker setup console and set it up for the headset and not for the 5.1 speakers. Also I had to go into control panel and mess with the checkmarks for microphone and line-in. None of that would work before until I used the speaker setup wizard and selected headset and not 5.1 speakers. Now the items that were greyed out are now able to be selected..Plus I have to remember to change the sound settings in a lot of my games to headphone mode.Thank you Dragoonseal and thank you RiceEatin2000GT for you help. Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply