FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Corsair 350D Case Issue

Post Date: 2014-06-20

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
rodericrinehart View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote rodericrinehart Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Corsair 350D Case Issue
    Posted: 20 Jun 2014 at 6:22pm
I have received two new Digital Storm systems and am absolutely loving them. I will get around to reviewing them in a different thread and I see myself getting many future computers from here.

I have a problem with one of the Virtue 350D cases, and have already contacted support. They responded promptly and shipped out the part I need but I think I need some help installing it.

The problem was one of the connectors that hold the front panel broken in shipping. It was the "female part" that received the top left "male" part to the removable dust panel cover.

I got the part but no instructions and searched the internet (including Corsair site and 350D owners club on Overclock.net) but to no avail.

A picture is here from Corsair: http://www.corsair.com/en-us/350d-front-panel-fascia-no-dust-filter-no-aluminum-plate.
However, the part shipped to me doesn't have the top two hard drive panels or the port panel.

Is this something I can be walked through here on the forums? A video on YouTube? Or should I open a chat session with DS? (My phone doesn't work at my house, sadly)
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Jun 2014 at 3:42am
If I'm understanding it right, they shipped you the whole front fascia, surround if you will, minus the HDD and port panels?   I don't have the 350d but from other Corsair cases, that part just pushes into the metal sub frame. Remove the side panels, and plastic tabs on either side, 2 per side probably, of the front panel fascia, are pushed in to release the old front fascia and the new one just snaps in to the metal frame.   The HDD panel also comes off and on by similar tabs.    

Hope I got it right and good luck.
rodericrinehart View Drop Down

Quote rodericrinehart Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Jun 2014 at 11:14am
Ok, I've attempted this, but I don't think its working right for me.

I can remove both side panels and the bottom part of the front fascia easily pops off from the case itself. The top seems secured by the part with the USB ports and power button. Am I going to need to remove that thing? That's a lot more work than I think I am capable of or willing to do.

Does the DVD drive need removed as well?

I have searched online for videos and pictures, but I can't find a single video for someone just replacing this one part. All the DIY videos show that USB front part already on there.

Any other specific help and/or videos. I have never assembled my own computer and have only installed a video card before.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Jun 2014 at 2:12pm
Wish I could help more, but I don't have that case and was hoping my experience with other cases would do it.   

Was hoping others with the 350d could give you some pointers.
 Post Reply Post Reply