Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alci View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Alci Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Corsair AIO coolers
    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 5:50am
Did DS stop offering these coolers? I don't see the option on any of the builds?
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 12:49pm
Something we on the forum have not yet heard an answer about.    

If I was ordering now, and wanted an AIO cooler I would just ask DS to special order a Corsair H100i 240mm or H115i 280mm AIO cooler....I would not order the DS AIO. Just ask them to get what you want.
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 5:03am
Supply issues maybe?

@HB: you'd really pay $50 or more extra to order a Corsair and then delay the build?
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 5:05am
That was news to me. Whoa
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by Cretae

Supply issues maybe?

@HB: you'd really pay $50 or more extra to order a Corsair and then delay the build?

Quality matters to me, so I would insist on choosing the best cooler and ask DS to get it...not just taking the low bid parts.    
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 3:53pm
The cooler we use is from the same factory. They are all high-quality parts. The main difference is the logo/badge/sticker placed on the shipping box and the actual unit.

Performance is equal as well, the same as reliability.

We've had supply issues with Corsair coolers and those have lead to delayed customer support issues as well. Because of that, we're no longer offering them to our customers.

These units don't leak, and they don't really go "bad" like they once did back in the day when such type of coolers was first introduced.

You'll get more value out of your money spending the savings on upgrades for your storage, memory, processor, or graphics cards.

If you still want a Corsair branded liquid cooler, we'll have to special order it, feel free to ask John via email ([email protected]).
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 5:14am
One needs to understand that often in business one manufacturer that really has a fine product will supply the needs of several companies that slap their brand on it and then stand behind it. In some products this is the case with Corsair. The info I've seen may be old, but I understand they DO NOT make their own PSUs nor their own AIO coolers. Alex has seemed to confirm this latter.

So, looks like no more long term warranties on coolers, but if we can't trust DS to provide customers with quality parts that don't have a high failure rate, what are we doing here?

I've been using desktop PCs since 1982. Electronics are very different from mechanical parts in that you can't ever just grab a wrench and make that sucker work again. It pretty much just works, or doesn't.

As engineering and manufacturing were refined over the years, it has become "doctrine" that if an electronic part doesn't fail sometime within the first year, it is a very solid bet to make it to the "mean time to failure" (MTTF), which in many cases is in the thousands of hours.

It's a solid bet, not a sure thing. Of course parts fail after a year, but not often at all on average. Think of that first year as a comprehensive "stress test" for all the uses one puts that part to.

I, for one, have always been comfortable with DS branded parts knowing that they have so much on the line with what they offer. Whenever a brand name is available that comes with a better warranty, and doesn't cost the farm for the upgrade, the extra protection and peace of mind come into play as a viable option. It's helpful to know the same manufacturer will be making the AIO coolers, and I will be comfortable recommending them.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 11:39am
Well said and yes, that's the true point to make. I wouldn't be too worked up paying extra premiums for a different branded cooler when you're getting almost the same thing.

In addition, customers receive our own blanket warranty and support with their purchase, and we are the ones that pay the most attention to the quality of hardware that goes inside as we have to honour a warranty and lifetime support with it.
Crazy Canuck View Drop Down

Quote Crazy Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Feb 2020 at 10:12am
Wondering what's the specs on the DS AIO coolers?   Is this one 280mm ? H20: Stage 2: Digital Storm Vortex Liquid CPU Cooler (Dual Fan) (Fully Sealed + No Maintenance)
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Feb 2020 at 6:08pm

Probably won't see a detailed answer to that question...lol.
Not providing specs allows DS the freedom to change the part supplier of stock DS AIO coolers when they wish, or to maintain a certain price point..also eliminates comparisons to other products. If it's 2 fans, it's most likely a 240 mm sized radiator, while a single fan model should be a 120 mm radiator.   DS branded parts only carry a 1 yr parts warranty, unless you pay extra to increase the DS System Parts Warranty to 2 or max 3 years.     

My prior advice on this stands...ask for DS to order a Corsair AIO cooler with a better 5 yr warranty and excellent track record on quality.   DS can get whatever brand parts you want if you ask them, are OK with the price, and can wait for them to order it in for your build.

gdead65 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote gdead65 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Mar 2020 at 7:33pm
Too bad the Noctua air cooler fans are not ship friendly-
Apollo i7-7700 1070
Ordered: 2-12-17
Stage 1: 2-14-17
Stage 2 & 3: 2-16-17
Stage 4 & 5: 2-21-17
Stage 6: 2-23-17
Stage 7: 2-25-17
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Mar 2020 at 3:47am
Originally posted by gdead65

Too bad the Noctua air cooler fans are not ship friendly-

Yup.

Quote Crazy Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Mar 2020 at 2:46pm
I spoke to a service tech a few days ago and he checked and the : Stage 2: Digital Storm Vortex Liquid CPU Cooler (Dual Fan) (Fully Sealed + No Maintenance) is a 240mm radiator. Also the previously offered Corsair ones had RGB fans that I don't see in the description for the DS ones?   If they do indeed have RGB lighting, another limitation would be getting them to sync with the other Corsair fans?
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Mar 2020 at 4:21am
I have a Corsair H115 i, and the only thing RGB is the badge on the heatsink/pump, not the fans. The DS ones don't have RGB fans, either.

Quote Crazy Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Mar 2020 at 7:13pm
I'll take your word for it Cretae.   I saw these ones on the Corsair website :
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Liquid-Cooling/Dual-Radiator-Liquid-Coolers/Hydro-Series%E2%84%A2-RGB-Platinum/p/CW-9060038-WW

Nomad1970 View Drop Down

Quote Nomad1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Mar 2020 at 7:28pm
But that is not the model that was offered. It would have been this one:https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Liquid-Cooling/Dual-Radiator-Liquid-Coolers/Hydro-Series%E2%84%A2-H115i-280mm-Extreme-Performance-Liquid-CPU-Cooler/p/CW-9060027-WW
My Precious 2
I7-9700 oc 4.7GHz
32GB DDR4 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro
SSD M.2 (512GB Samsung 970 PRO)
SSD M.2 1TB Samsung 970 EVO
240GB Samsung 860 Pro SSD
1TB W.D. HD
EVGA GTX 1080Ti
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Mar 2020 at 4:37am
Right.

Quote Crazy Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Mar 2020 at 4:59pm
I stand corrected. Thanks guys for clearing that up.   I still wish we had a 280mm option.   
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 1:11pm
DS can still order any cooler available on the market that you wish, as long as you can pay the price and are willing to wait for it to arrive.    They will of course prefer to use what they have in inventory now, but DS has always been flexible and will get what you want for your build if asked.    
 Post Reply Post Reply