FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Corsair HX1000 Power Supply Cables

Post Date: 2010-05-09

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pad0123 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote pad0123 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Corsair HX1000 Power Supply Cables
    Posted: 09 May 2010 at 8:32pm

Hey guys,

Does DS send the extra cables that are included with the corsair hx1000 along with the system?  I've had mine for a little over a year and unfortunately haven't had any use for them up until now.  I can't remember if they sent them along with the system or not, so I just want to make sure so that I'm not searching around for nothing. 

I just purchased a second 4870x2 and it only comes with the pci-e to male molex cables.  I'm not entirely sure what I need here, but on the video card end I need a 6 pin pci-e and an 8 pin pci-e (or two 6+2's).  On the power supply end, I'm not really sure what I need, but from my understanding I want to plug into the blue ports seen here:

http://www.corsair.com/products/hx1000/photo2.jpg

I've been searching newegg, tigerdirect, and pretty much any other random store I can find on the internet for the right cables, but I keep falling short.  Perhaps I don't have the terminology down well enough to do the searches.  This is my first attempt at installing hardware on a PC.

Can anyone help me out?

PS. Would it be harmful to my system in any way to have my second video card plugged into the pci-e slot, but not attached to the power supply?  I installed the card before I realized I didn't have the cables, so I've just had it sitting there turned off for a few days.  I will obviously take it out before turning it back on if necessary.

Thanks!
-pad0123
Dragoonseal View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Dragoonseal Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 May 2010 at 10:42pm
Yes you get all the extra cables. They usually come in a smaller white cardboard box.
Lilim
Intel Core i7 920 @4.2GHz
HAF 932 - Dual SLI Nvidia GTX 480s
3x Intel X25-M G2 (80GB) SSD RAID0
R.I.P. Sinbad the cat (November 16, 1996 - April 18, 2011)
pad0123 View Drop Down

Quote pad0123 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 May 2010 at 2:08pm
Dragoonseal,

Yeah I do have the white box with all kinds of cables, but they aren't the ones that are included with the power supply.  I remember seeing a small black pouch that had all of the pci-e and various other cables.  The reason I'm asking is because I had originally ordered a computer from another company (**cough cough IbuyPower**) which turned out to be a piece of junk, so I had to ship it back and went with DS (best decision ever).  I don't recall if the pouch came with my DS or the one I shipped back.

Either way, I just contacted Corsair and they gave me an email address to request more cables.  It sounded like they were just going to send me another bag of them, so no big deal.  I'll let you know if that is how it works out.

Thanks!
-pad0123
 Post Reply Post Reply