corsair performance 3 series? 128 GB model

Post Date: 2011-02-06

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
RiceEatin2000GT View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote RiceEatin2000GT Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: corsair performance 3 series? 128 GB model
    Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 8:30pm
Im prob going to wait on socket 2011 to order a new pc but i was curious has anyone heard anything about the new corsair performance series 3 drives.  I tried to find some reviews but it doesnt seem like anyone has done any.  That seems like a decent price since digital storm doesnt offer a large variety of SSD's.  Id really like to see them offer some crucial c300's in the future
justin.kerr View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote justin.kerr Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 9:08am

Performance is very bad, small read spead is 1/2 of the Intel

Karn View Drop Down

Quote Karn Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Feb 2011 at 9:45pm
Can you please show me more information on this because I cannot find a comparison. Newegg shows the Intel 160gig drives as sata2 and the corsair as sata3.. The specs also say that the speeds on the corsair are almost double that of the Intel drives? Can you please advise because I ordered one of these for my new system. Thank you so much!
Confused
justin.kerr View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote justin.kerr Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 12:13am
4k read speed is key for a OS drive, the Corsair is 1/2 the speed of the Intel drive.  SATA 2 or SATA 3 does not matter much, because most SSD drives are only doing 20-50Mbs anyways, SATA 2 caps out at 280Mbs, only when transferring large files does the SATA 3 help out. Also the que depth is very important, the Intel still kills all of them with a QD  of 1, which is what most personal PC's usually see, but you will see benchmarks using 4, or even 8, which is more server territory.  Reviewers will usually skew the test to look good to whomever gave them the most $$ or free product. lol easy to do.
 The corsair drive is old school tech, just tweaked, better off with the new Intel's, coming out next month,   or the old Intel's.
I just purchased some new SSD's yesterday, 120Gb Intel's.. nothing beats them IMHO for the value.  Until the next gen rolls out..

most SSD's are very fast compared to standard HDD's. I like the Intel's, because of the reliability, and long term performance. 
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 3:04am
Intel for ssds all the way. most of your OS stuff is done at a 4K level, those are the speeds you should be looking at not the advertised large file/transfer speeds, unless the ssd is not for the os and is just used to transfer files.
Karn View Drop Down

Quote Karn Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 7:05pm
Hello. Thanks very much. Yes it will be the OS drive. I have been reading ssd articles all day now. it is all very confusing. Back to the articles. Thanks again!
 Post Reply Post Reply