FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Could I get a little help for my build

Post Date: 2019-01-08

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mcfly View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote mcfly Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Could I get a little help for my build
    Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 2:20pm
Budget:
[Please Type Here]trying to keep my budget around 5000 but i am at 6000 now lol but thats ok.

Expectations:SO here's the thing I am switching to pc from console. Trying to get the pc before the division comes out. I mostly play fps games I want to have a great gaming pc. I don't want the downloads or game patches to take three hours to load lol. Before I place my order I want to make sure that everything is compatible and that it runs smoothly.
[Please Type Here]

Usage:
[Please Type Here]gaming

Special Needs:
[Please Type Here]

Saved Ticket #: [Please Type Here]

Specifications:
[Please Type Here]      
System Configuration:
Chassis Model: Aventum X
Exterior Finish: Exotic Paint Finish - Pure White
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: Intel Core i9-9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) (16-Thread) (8-Core) 3.6 GHz
Motherboard: MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON AC (Intel Z390 Chipset) (Up to 3x PCI-E Devices)
System Memory: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz Digital Storm Performance Series
Power Supply: 850W Corsair RM850x (Fully Modular)
Expansion Bay: - No Thanks
Optical Drive: - No Thanks
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (1TB Samsung 970 PRO) (NVM Express) (Extreme Performance)
Storage Set 2: 1x Storage (3TB Seagate / Toshiba / Hitachi)
Storage Set 3: - No Thanks
RAID Config: - No Thanks
RAID Card: - No Thanks
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB (VR Ready)
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
HPC Processor: - No Thanks
Extreme Cooling: H20: HydroLux PRO: Exotic Custom Cooling System (CPU Only)
HydroLux Tubing Style: Flexible Tubing (Requires HydroLux Liquid Cooling System)
HydroLux Fluid Color: White Flexible Tubing + Clear Fluid (Requires HydroLux Liquid Cooling System)
Cable Management: Exotic Cable Management - Red - (Cable Combs with Custom Color Sleeved Extension Cables)
Chassis Fans: Standard LED Performance Fans (Red) (14 Fans Total)
Internal Lighting: Digital Storm LED Lighting System (Requires Thermal Management Control Board & Software)
Airflow Control: Digital Storm Thermal Management Control Board & Software
Chassis Mods: - No Thanks
Noise Reduction: - No Thanks
LaserMark: - No Thanks
CPU Boost: Stock Factory Turbo Boost Advanced Automatic Overclocking
Graphics Boost: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s)
OS Boost: - No Thanks, Please do not tweak the services on the operating system
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: USB Drive - Windows 10 Installation (Format and Clean Install)
Virus Protection: Windows Defender Antivirus (Built-in to Windows 10)
Office: - No Thanks
Game: - No Thanks
Display: MSI 31.5 inch AG32CQ Curved Series (144Hz Refresh) (1ms Response) (2560x1440)
Surge Shield: - No Thanks
Speakers: - No Thanks
Keyboard: - No Thanks
Mouse: - No Thanks
Branded Gear: - No Thanks
Priority Build: - No Thanks, Ship Within 20-25 Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: Life-time Expert Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty (3 Year Labor & 1 Year Part Replacement)
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 8:11pm
Welcome to the forum mcfly    

This grand Aventum build would seem pretty over the top for playing FPS gaming on that single 2560 x 1440 31” monitor!   If your budget allows and you just want it set up this way it will be a great rig without a doubt!   A couple thoughts for you on this build. I think you are looking for input, so see what you think.....

1) My first thought is that in a $$$$ giant custom painted heavy Aventum case built for max water cooled everything with 14 fans, just having water cooling on a non-overclocked CPU seems a tad bit out of place. Seems like you should overclock that processor to (free) stage 1 at least...and consider adding that great single RTX 2080 Ti card to the water loop....or...perhaps consider building your rig using a different case and leave the nice Ti card on air.. Either way that top line card should have you playing Ultra settings in most games for quite a while.

2) For FPS gaming, 16 gb RAM should be all you will ever need.
If you plan on doing video encoding or graphics/Photo editing or something like that, then you may need more RAM and btw it’s easy to add RAM yourself if more is desired later.

3) Colors can be very important to a person... The lighter less elaborate Velox case can also be custom painted white if you like that...and RGB fans are more color flexible...can display red or change to whatever color you like.

Edited by HockeyBuck - 08 Jan 2019 at 8:20pm
mcfly View Drop Down

Quote mcfly Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 8:38pm
Hey thanks for the reply. I am a little confused with the first part about freeing stage one. Sorry I am new to this. I do love the way the aventum looks. How would you build a gaming pc for about $6000? I made that built based on others build forum on here for gaming.
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 9:29pm
It’s a great looking big heavy case, but if you don’t need to water cool everything then you could perhaps save a few bucks building a different case rig. I’ll toss you a couple config...most of your orig choices on board and 31” monitor...one in the Aventum with overclocked CPU and the video card on water cooling....
White Aventum Config # 2200384.        $6422.

White Velox Config # 2200398.               $5923. CPU + Vid card water
White Velox Config # 2200405.               $5075. Vid card just air cooled

Lumos Config # 2200423.                      $6361. CPU + Vid card water
Lumos Config # 2200416.                      $5513. Vid card just air cooled
mcfly View Drop Down

Quote mcfly Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 9:26am
Hey thanks a lot for the input. It helped massive. So i took your config and tweaked it a little bit do you mind taking a look to make sure it all plays well together. Question does it come with direct X? its one of the specs for the division when the game comes out? Here is the config id 2203193
mcfly View Drop Down

Quote mcfly Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 9:27am
ohh I almost forgot which monitor would you recommend for this rig?
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 10:49am
You put together a very nice rig mcfly. That Aventum should slay in games! One thing you should ask DS about is how they prefer to do things when the customer wants the Corsair LL RGB fans that are evidently not compatible with the DS in house air monitoring board...shouldn’t need the air board as your mobo handles the fans. The RTX 2080 Ti card is Direct X 12, and the coming Division 2 suggested pc specs are on their website...you should be playing at the highest level with this build... they mention the RTX 2080 Ti as their top spec card choice.

Noticed you went white cables and tubing... like that. I have a rig set up like that and I did it because white becomes a nice canvas for the RGB lighting you use...so if your lights are red, your white tubing and cables also look red...etc...

As to monitors, DS sells a line of MSI monitors and you had indicated an interest in the 31.5 in curved screen MSI that has a 2560 x 1440 resolution...144 MHz refresh rate and 1 ms response time in your initial build...that ought to be a good pick. A lot of us on the forum prefer Dell Ultrasharp IPS monitors that would also be strong with the nice RTX 2080 Ti card you chose. You can find them lots of places like amazon or Newegg or B&H Photo... often on sale. You’ll have to decide what you like in monitors and what resolution you prefer to play...as it’s a very personal choice. Let us know what you decide on this Aventum build!   

Edited by HockeyBuck - 10 Jan 2019 at 10:57am
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 1:16am
Congratulations. The Aventum is at the top of the class when it comes to cases. The Aventum and Velox cases are proprietary DS models. Both have the window to the right when facing the front of the pc and their mobo is installed upside down.

I have tried and use both IPS and TN based monitors and prefer IPS for their contrasts. I am using an Asus PG279Q and love it.

Also note that the warranty is for only one year parts.

Enjoy and keep us posted. Big%20Smile

Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 5:10am
Well done. Top-end build without being wasteful is smart, IMO. You don't need the airflow control. All it does is give you ambient temps at various points inside the case, not the hardware. Get the free lighting. You can set it to a color or a moving lightshow, or turn it completely off if it conflicts.

The monitors at DS are Freesync, not G-Sync. They do pretty much the same thing (eliminate "tearing" by matching monitor response to video card output) but the G-Sync is Nvidia's tech for their own cards. You might want to Google the two to see the difference.   
 Post Reply Post Reply