Country Style Buckdancing!

Post Date: 2022-03-30

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Onkel_Ken View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Onkel_Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Country Style Buckdancing!
    Posted: 30 Mar 2022 at 11:50pm
I think I have found that thing missing in my life! BUCKDANCING!!!!

Anyhow, I found the best video I could share with the masses. I can’t stick it up as my own, but I was able to get permission to put it up in a playlist as long as I gave them credit. 😊

So here we go, this is the video you needed to get your mind centered on who America really is! 😊

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvttoPByepTApQ0OOM9F-QWR_vi5a9uqa

FREESTYLE BUCKDANCE, Tennessee Valley Fiddlers Convention, Athens Alabama - Chris Gray RIP

Velox X/AMD 5900X/MSI X570 Pro Carbon MB/32GB DDDR 3600 DSPS/850W PS/500GB Samsung 980 Pro/1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus/500 GB HDD/Sound Blaster AE-7/EVGA FTW3 Ultra RTX 3080 10GB/Liquid CPU cooler AIO/
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Mar 2022 at 8:27am
As I am originally from the "country" (although rarely mention it these days due to the political and socio-political ramifications and inferences) this brings back some memories... especially poignant due to the recent passing of my mother.

Thanks for the grin and the memories Onkel_Ken.
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Apr 2022 at 4:41am
I'm strictly a city boy, but my daddy and his whole family inhabited the Athens, Tennessee environs. Pure country all the way! He ran away to sail in submarines in WW2. 12 brothers and sisters all graduated the same county high school. One brother became the principal eventually.   
Onkel_Ken View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Onkel_Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Apr 2022 at 4:35pm
I always wondered if Fred Astaire or Gene Kelly could have been a good Buckdance or Hip-Hop dancer. I know Fred could at minimum moonwalk better than Michael Jackson.

Velox X/AMD 5900X/MSI X570 Pro Carbon MB/32GB DDDR 3600 DSPS/850W PS/500GB Samsung 980 Pro/1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus/500 GB HDD/Sound Blaster AE-7/EVGA FTW3 Ultra RTX 3080 10GB/Liquid CPU cooler AIO/
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Apr 2022 at 5:37pm
I have always maintained, from my early youth, that Ginger Rogers was a better dancer than Fred Astaire. Setting aside the cultural norms of the time that women were '2nd class citizens' you have to remember... she did everything he did backwards and in heels.

Now THAT is talent.
Onkel_Ken View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Onkel_Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Apr 2022 at 4:32pm
If some folks don't like country style dancing hopefully they will appreciate quality dance steps from the Golden Era with the Nicholas Brothers!

Jumpin Jive - Cab Calloway and the Nicholas Brothers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8yGGtVKrD8&list=PLvttoPByepTBj6uHz5zsZdYHzgq3j5ToQ&index=1

kimnancy View Drop Down

Quote kimnancy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Mar 2024 at 1:31am
Thanks for sharing this awesome video! It's great to see the art of buckdancing showcased. Definitely a fantastic way to celebrate American culture and talent!
 Post Reply Post Reply