FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Couple of Configuration Questions.

Post Date: 2019-11-30

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Mekerek View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Mekerek Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Couple of Configuration Questions.
    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 9:04am
"Life-time labor free upgrades for component upgrades purchased directly from Digital Storm."

I don't understand what this means..

Why is there no longer expedited build?
Where do you get an option for extra shipping options?

For reference, here is my build that I am pretty settled on
#: 2748687
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 9:57am
First, I think you have made all very solid choices on your Velox build, including maxing out the DS Parts warranty at 3 yrs.   Well done. Rig is going to fly for you!

If at some point years down the road, if you wanted to buy any upgraded components for the rig from DS...they offer to install them for you without extra charges for labor.   For some customers like me that don’t live very far from their production facilities, that could be useful, although I have never needed it...perhaps less so for customers that would need to ship the rig there & back.

As to Expedited Build not offered at the moment, it’s the busiest time of the year...lol....and everyone wants their build expedited.    Kind of a moot point as DS struggles to ship hundreds of well built and stress tested rigs out in the promised time frame.   They have recently expanded again into larger facilities.   They are already doing production as fast as they dare to go, and they don’t want to compromise on the quality.    If you really really need faster shipping, call DS Sales and see what price options they might offer you.    Shipping is always a kinda sore subject with DS.    DS stress tests and will have your rig polished at top performance when it ships out, but to shipping companies at the holidays it’s just a box...and far too often the shippers manage to mishandle them...so faster isn’t always better. See what they say.

Whthawke66 View Drop Down

Quote Whthawke66 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 12:53pm
Life time free labor means that even for a customer like me, who originally purchased my ds rig 11 years ago, they will install and configure any upgrade you buy from them for no additional cost, though you must pay to ship the unit back to them (side note, after I paid shipping costs once to send back, my subsequent shipping was no additional cost.)
I have shipped my ds rig back 3 times over the years, once for warranty service (for which I had to pay the shipping charge) and twice for upgrades (for which I was told I did not need to pay shipping as I already had paid once). Each time I received back a perfectly updated computer, with settings for new upgrades optimized for my existing system. Honestly, for me it was worth the time lost to shipping for that quality assistance.

In the drop down for shipping when you check out, there are additional shipping options on most units. right now they have a free ground shipping promotion, which may be interfering with your shipping options.

I can only speak from my own experience, but have to say that they have stood by their sale to me, and continue to do so almost 11 years later. No other company has exhibited that level of dedication to service in the online computer market that I am aware.
 Post Reply Post Reply