FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Couple Questions

Post Date: 2021-04-17

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
BadWolf View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote BadWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Couple Questions
    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 6:20pm
Hello friends! So I just received my new computer yesterday and its simply amazing! I have had one issue which is I haven't been able to shut off the rgb lighting on the motherboard save for shutting the whole entire computer off and then cutting the UPS power, icue recognizes that it is there as it says (1) shows the motherboards name and I am able to click on it but I have no control over the lighting at all once I'm there. Wondering if anyone has a solution for this and hoping its something simple. Secondly I'm wondering about how I go about getting the promotional free game (CoD Cold War) that came with the purchase of the rtx 3080 as I didn't see a code or anything included in the box or on the computer once I got it turned on. Tysm in advance for any help.

Edited by BadWolf - 17 Apr 2021 at 6:25pm
BW
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 2:12am
Congrats on your new system. Awesome
Some motherboards' RGB are always on. You can check the mobo's manual to see if there is a way to shut the lights off. I don't know why I would not recommend powering down the pc through the psu after shutting down the system but ....someone will straighten both of us out and tell us.

As to the game code, check your spam filter and if not there call DS or e-mail [email protected].

Enjoy. 
 Big%20Smile

ealderson View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote ealderson Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 7:48am
Not sure what mobo you have, but with mine I was able to shut it off either in the BIOS or by using their RBG software (in my case Asus/Armoury Crate). I bet hoserator is right and it's in your mobo manual..
BadWolf View Drop Down

Quote BadWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 11:08am
Thank you very much you two! It's very easy amidst all the excitement of getting the new pc to throw that mountain of manuals aside and forget about them I'll do some reading :).
BW
Bob100 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Bob100 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 6:21pm
I have an MSI motherboard in my Lumos. You have to download the MSI "Dragon Center" software to control the motherboard lights. If you have a different brand motherboard, check the manufacturer's website to see what software they offer for motherboard control.
ecophagyclass View Drop Down

Quote ecophagyclass Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 3:45am
Make sure it's the legit manufacturer's website though. I almost got in a mess because I wasn't careful enough to check. But that was me. lol I tend to be always like that.
 Post Reply Post Reply